|Course||Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Managing Performance|
|Programme Type||Provider Programme|
|Partner Institute||Not Applicable|
|Award Type||Skills Academy Subject Certificate|
|Award Issued By||Skills Academy|
|Accredited By||Not Applicable|
|SAQA ID||Not Applicable|
|NQF Level||Not Applicable|
|Course Duration||3 Months|
The Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Managing Performance consists of the following topics:
1. Introduction to Business English
2. Understand performance management
3. Performance planning meeting
4. Appraising rmployee’s performance
5. Legal appraisal
6. Performance improvements
How is this course assessed?
In order to complete this course successfully, learners will be expected to complete specific assignments AND/OR a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). There are no exams for this course.
What is a Provider Programme Course?
A provider programme is a course that is developed, curriculated and assessed by Skills Academy. A provider programme carries no external accreditation and it has no link to any other academic institute. It is a programme intended to provide a learner with knowledge and skills.
A learner is welcome to make reference to his or her successful completion of the provider programme course on his or her CV. Most employers would be happy to see that current or potential employees show interest in improving their skills and knowledge.
According to the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), non credit-bearing programmes (such as Skills Academy’s provider programmes) can help learners in the following ways:
- They can provide practical or hands-on learning.
- They can increase employability, self-employment opportunities, and mobility within workplaces and sectors.
- They can provide occupationally-directed learning.
- They can contribute towards closing the skills gap as identified in the Workplace Skills Plan, the Sector Skills Plan, and the National Skills Plan.
The Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Managing Performance is a Provider Programme.