Change is needed, especially for growth. It has an effect on everyone and this includes business. No matter how small, there are processes that need to be followed when changes are applied to business.
This module aims to explain what steps need to be taken in order to implement changes. Once completed, you will have a better understanding of the risks involved in the changing of management and what can occur when there is resistance to change.
The key concepts covered in this module include:
- Understand what change is and what the triggers or drivers of change are.
- Explain what the different types of organisational change are.
- Identify the factors in planned change processes and explain their impact on the change process with examples.
- Describe a model for effective change management and explain what its various components are.
- Explain why people resist change.
- Give examples of how these risks were overcome in an organisation and present it in an oral presentation.
- Identify what the competencies and characteristics of an effective change agent are.