With many different personalities in a working environment, conflict is bound to happen. But with that being said, there are professional and unprofessional ways to have and to resolve conflicts.
This module focuses on giving you the skills needed to handle conflicts within a professional environment. You will also learn how to respect the views and opinions of others. Once you have completed this module, you will see that not all conflicts are bad and that you can in fact learn something from having different opinions within a business.
Key concepts that are covered in this module include:
- Catch disagreements before it escalates into dysfunctional conflict.
- Replace habitual styles of handling differences with a strategic approach.
- Honor the legitimate interest of others.
- Creatively integrate diverse views so that they are responsive to mutual views.
- Utilize disagreements as opportunities for learning.