Sporting event coordinators have the hefty task of planning every detail that goes into preparing the team and facility for game day.Sporting event coordinators work under the pressure and responsibility of arranging every detail involved in preparing for an event. Event planners coordinate with teams of varying sizes to guarantee that every aspect of the sporting event is under control. Coordinators are involved in preparing lodging for the team, purchasing transportation, distributing team news to the media, creating emergency contingency plans, maintaining the security of spectators and players, inspecting the facility, marketing ticket sales, setting concession items, and delegating preparation tasks to other workers.
Interested in becoming a sporting tournament planner?
Try one of these courses
- Skills Academy Short Course Certificate in Events Co-ordination
- Skills Academy Proficiency Certificate in Events Management
- Skills Academy Proficiency Certificate in Events Co-ordination
- Skills Academy Skills Certificate in Events Management
- Skills Academy Skills Certificate in Events Co-ordination
- Skills Academy Short Course Certificate in Events Management
Last updated: October 25th 2016