You Can Still Get Your Matric!
Matric College now offers a way for you to easily get your Amended National Senior Certificate (ANSC). The only requirement is that you are older than 21. See how they can help you get your adult matric here.
The exams are set and managed by the Department of Basic Education and your Matric Certificate is issued by Umalusi. You get issued the same matric certificate that matric students get, who are at school.
At Matric College you can also apply for a Matric Rewrite opportunity. This means you can improve some of your subjects or rewrite completely if you failed. In order for you to be able to apply for any of these options, you need to be younger than 21. If you are older then 21, then you can just apply for the Adult Matric option.
Here’s How To Get A Matric
Not everybody gets to write Matric, and of those that do write Matric over 50% fail. You are not alone. But you can get a matric.
If you absolutely have to get a Matric the only way to do that is to go back to school. You can approach your nearest high school and talk to the principal to find out what options they can offer you. You can also register for an ABET (Adult Basic Education and Training) course ABET courses give you a Matric equivalent qualification.
What is Adult Based Education and Training?
Adult Based Education and Training grew as a result of the political struggles of South Africa’s past. Adult Based Education and Training aims to make a significant improvement in the quality of life of people who have had trouble finishing their schooling, or were not afforded the opportunity to progress further with their education.
So what exactly is Adult Based Education and Training? The Department of Education defines Adult Based Education and Training as the general foundation towards lifelong learning and development, a system that is made up of developing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are required for social, economic and political participation and transformation. It is flexible, developmental and targeted at the specific needs of particular audiences and, ideally, provides access to nationally recognised certificates.
There are many institutions that can offer a quality curriculum and assessment in accordance with the regulations of the government. These institutions need to be registered with the Independent Examinations Board (IEB), and students need to meet the entrance requirements of the institution. Students who comply with the national policy requirements are awarded the National Senior Certificate (Matric), which should be accredited by Umalusi.
This whole process can take several years to achieve. On the other hand, you can get a Matric Equivalent Certificate.
What Is A “Matric Equivalent” Qualification?
- A Matric Certificate is on an academic level called NQF 4 (National Qualifications Framework Level 4).
- There are many qualifications that do not give you a Matric Certificate, BUT which is on the same academic level, NQF 4 level.
- These other qualifications are not better and not worse than a Matric. But they will not get you a Matric Certificate. Because they usually have different subjects from a Matric. And usually, they are examined by a different government body. So they can be examined by a SETA, or by a Professional Body. And these bodies will then issues your qualification. Only Umalusi can issue a Matric Certificate.
- When these other qualifications are also on NQF 4 level (academic level) and if they are properly Accredited, then they are called “Matric Equivalent” qualifications.
How Do You KNOW If You Absolutely MUST Get A Matric Certificate, Or If You Just Need A Better Qualification Than The One You Have Right Now?
- If you want to go to a University, and their entrance criteria states that you must have a Matric. Make sure you understand what subjects you need, what marks the university require, and if they have any other entrance requirements. A Matric Certificate does not guarantee you a place at a university.
- If you are unemployed, and when you apply for a job, you don’t even get an interview, because their minimum requirement is “Matric Certificate”. We got some great advice to help you with this… Click here:
- If you have just failed Matric, or you did not get the results you wanted… Click here for the right advice:
- You applied for a promotion at work, and you did not get the interview or the promotion because you “do not have a Matric Certificate”. Or you WANT to apply for a promotion, but you are too scared because you know they will ask for your Matric Certificate. Click here:
- You are struggling to do your work right, and you are getting into trouble for failing at your job. Because you never got your Matric, you think that if you got your Matric, that it will make you successful at your job. You are wrong! Matric does not prepare you for ANY job. Read this page for some good advice: