Having computer skills is essential in the 21st century. Even if you are not interested in a career in computers, most jobs will require you to have some basic understanding of computer programs. Enrolling into computer courses will keep you ahead of the curve and make you an asset to any company. Our computer courses will:
- Make your CV more attractive
- Keep you up to date with technology
- Give you credibility
- Allow you to follow your passion in a career in computers.
Benefits of Studying Computer Courses
There are so many benefits attached to studying computer courses. Don’t let artificial intelligence get ahead of you. Do a computer course and experience the perks.
This is the most obvious reason to upgrade your computer skills. Even completing a short course in computers will improve your chances of finding work.
Get that promotion you’ve been looking for! If you know computer skills, you can get added responsibilities, which could lead to promotions. This is especially useful for employees who are just starting out and want to make a good impression.
Get Paid More!
The more you are able to do within a company, the more employers realise how valuable you are. This will make them want to keep you within their company by offering you higher wages and benefits.
Our Computer Courses
At Skills Academy we have a range of computer courses. From the most basic courses to the most advanced : we have something that will fit everyone’s needs. Whether you’re a beginner or an IT geek, there’s something for you.
- Microsoft Windows Courses :This course is offered in partnership with Microsoft through distance learning. Once you have completed this course you will be more comfortable using a computer.
- MTA Fundamentals:These courses are a great place to start and get into the field of IT. You’ll learn about important technological concepts
- Microsoft Office Specialist Courses:If you are in an office environment these courses are perfect to elevate the skills you already have.
- CompTia Courses:CompTIA Courses will ensure that you are up to date with the knowledge and skills that are current and relevant in your IT Profession.
- PC Repair Courses: Computer or PC Repair is the process of identifying, troubleshooting and resolving issues in a faulty computer. Every company needs someone to prepare and take care of their computers.
These courses are all provider programs. This means they have been especially designed by the college itself to cater to the needs of our students. Our provider programs have no specific entry requirements – this means anyone can enrol regardless of age or current qualification.
What is an Accredited Computer Courses?
An accredited computer course means your qualification will be certified by professional organisations. These are institutions like CompTIA or Microsoft – two of the leading companies in the world of technology. An accredited qualification gives you:
- A stamp of approval by recognised institutions
- Acknowledgement of your skills and achievements
- Focused, industry related training
What is a Non-Accredited Computer Course?
Non-accredited courses are not certified by any other organisation. But they are in no means less valuable than accredited courses. These courses are skills focused, open to all and recognised learning.
- These courses are usually shorter, which means you will learn a great deal of knowledge in a short amount of time.
- Build on your knowledge and skills
- Entry requirements are usually not as strict as with accredited courses – with us, of course, this does not apply. We make it possible for anyone to study both accredited and non-accredited courses.
Qualities Needed to Study Computer Courses
Our courses are suited for beginners and advanced students. So while some of these natural skills will help when studying computer courses, they are not necessary to enrol and complete your studies. If you do not have the following skills naturally, they can be improved with the right training.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- critical thinking
- Enthusiasm to learn
Where can I Study Computer Courses in South Africa?
Choosing where to study is almost just as important as choosing what to study. You need to choose a college that will take care of your needs. Most students prefer working while studying as it gives them the opportunity to learn while they earn.
Don’t be tied down to any location or classroom with us! Distance learning is perfect for those who want to continue working while boosting their skills. With Skills Academy you never have to attend class – ever. Complete your studies from the comfort of your home. With us:
- Get world class education and online support
- No hidden costs or catches.
- All you study material couriered to you
- 30-day money back guarantee if you are unhappy with our services.
With our flexible schedule we give you the opportunity to study, work and play!
The Value of Computer Courses in the Workplace
Most businesses, if not all, rely on technology and computers to get through the day. So even if you don’t want to pursue a career in computers, they are still essential to our everyday lives. Almost all jobs require you to have some basic computer skills. This is why doing computer courses is beneficial to everyone. These are just some of the career paths that require you to have computer skills.
- Human Resource Managers
Computer skills allow you to:
- Communicate and network.
- Gives you skills to organize your daily activities with certain programs.
- Learn about the correct email etiquette and build on your professionalism.
Careers in Computers or IT
Technology has become a staple in today’s workforce. Because of this there are so many careers you can pick and choose from! There is no better time than now to pursue a career in computer technology. Some of your job titles could be:
- Software developer
- Software Engineer
- IT Technician
- Web Developer
- Data Analyst
- Graphic Designer
Whether you’re analytical or creative, there is a space on this motherboard for you. All you need to do is pick the career field you are interested in. It’s a click away.
Can I Pursue a Career in Computers With These Qualifications?
The answer is yes! Our qualifications are perfect if you need to get your foot in the door.
No matter what career path you choose, you need the right qualifications. Employers want skilled workers who know what they’re talking about. Official training from us:
- Opens you up to more work opportunities
- Increases your earning potential
- Makes it easier to move up the corporate ladder
Most employers want their workers to have some work experience. Students often can’t meet this requirement. But, with us you can! Study further while you gain work experience. Our flexible schedule and online platforms give you the opportunity to do both.
With us you’ll be the full-package employers are looking for.
We’ve got the Code to Your Success.
The source code to success can be found with Skills Academy. Contact us today.
- Complete our online contact form
- Call us for free at 0800 39 0027
Last Updated: August 17, 2020