Are you interested in crunching numbers, managing admin or running a company? Look no further than our accredited ICB Courses. Get the finance and business jobs you’ve been dreaming of. You too, can have a chance to take the business world by storm.
Benefits of Studying ICB Courses
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) offers a number of high quality courses to prepare you for the workplace. You will also have a chance to register with professional membership bodies. But that’s not all. Here are some of the other benefits of studying an ICB course:
- Earn Your Qualifications Quickly – No need to study for years before searching for a job in your field. After each level you complete, you will receive a qualification. Some levels can take you as little as four months!
- Internationally Recognised – Travel and take your career along with you. With ICB offices in Africa, the UK, Australia, Asia, and Eastern Europe, you can have a job anywhere you choose.
- Learn Scarce Skills – Studying ICB Courses are valuable because they give you scarce skills. This means you are more likely to find a job as these skills appeal to the needs of the South African job market.
- Work Your way to the Top – These courses are great because they are levels based. This means you can start with junior levels and move to more advanced stages, earning qualifications as you go.
What Will you Learn From an ICB Course?
Our courses will leave you fully equipped with skills to succeed in your professional life. Whether you want to be an entrepreneur, keep track of cash or manage admin, we’ve got you covered. The road to the career you always wanted starts right here with us.
Our ICB Courses
The ICB renews the content of their learning material every year. Rest assured, we make sure our students are always kept up-to-date. When you study with us, there are five exciting course paths for you to follow. Let’s explore them below:
1. Financial Accounting
Here you will learn all about bookkeeping. You’ll be taught about ledgers, business tax and payrolls. You can also get clued in on computer programmes. These will help take your accounting skills into the digital world.
This course has three levels:
- Junior Bookkeeper: ICB National Certificate
- Certified Senior Bookkeeping: ICB Certificate
- Technical Financial Accounting: National Diploma
2. Public Sector Accounting
These courses are designed for those who have an interest in doing accounting for governments and municipalities. You can learn all about budgeting, controlling inventory and the relationship between good bookkeeping and what an organisation needs.
There are three levels:
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting Diploma
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
3. Business Management
From admin to financial management to legal procedures, these courses are an excellent way to get an overview of how to run a business. We will prepare you to work in a start-up or an established business. Learn what it takes to help each department thrive.
We have three options available with this course:
- Small Business: Financial Management Certificate
- Business Management: Office Admin Higher Certificate
- Diploma in Financial Accounting: Business Management
So you want to become your own boss? That’s an excellent choice. With our Entrepreneurship Course, you can gain the skills you need to research, launch and manage a new business project. Learn about taxes and how to create a good public image for your product or service.
- Entrepreneurship Small Business Management: National Certificate
- National Diploma: Entrepreneurship Financial Accounting
- Higher Certificate: Entrepreneurship Office Administration
5. Office Administration
Without admin staff such as secretaries, offices would be a complete mess. Here you’ll learn how to complete your daily duties as an office admin professional. You will also be taught more advanced skills such as how to prepare for internal audits.
There are three stages to these courses:
Just because you didn’t finish matric doesn’t mean your dreams have to end. You can start studying our ICB Courses with grades 10 and 11. No previous accounting experience is needed.
Our ICB Office Admin Course is the only course that requires matric. No need to worry though. Have a look at our ICB Bridging Course. By doing this course you will end up with a certificate that is equivalent to matric.
How do ICB Courses Work?
The ICB is not a college. They are responsible for marking your exams and authorising your qualifications. They do not offer support or study material. This means you will first have to register with an accredited institution and then register with the ICB. Here’s how it all works:
Portfolio of Evidence
The ICB requires each student to submit a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). It’s basically a workbook containing all the tests and assignments you did during the course. You will have to hand this in before your final exams. This will count toward 30% of your final mark.
If you study full-time, you’ll have monthly exams. But if you choose distance learning you will have exams only four times a year. These will take place all around the country, at venues approved by the ICB. Your exams will make up 70% of your final mark.
Where to Study ICB Courses in South Africa
Want to know what makes an ICB qualification even more amazing? You can study it full-time, part-time or via distance learning! Yes, that’s right. This qualification is for anyone – from the student seeking campus life to the working parent wanting more career options.
Classrooms not your thing? Don’t worry, with our distance learning courses you won’t ever have to set foot in one. You can study from the comfort of your own home, and follow your own schedule. This gives you the chance to take care of all your responsibilities while earning a qualification at the same time.
Is This the Right Course for me?
These courses are designed for those who have a passion for business and finance. If you want to climb the corporate ladder, then these courses were definitely made for you. Be ready to work hard and success will be right at your fingertips.
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
Become A Business Mogul With Courses you can Count on
Are you ready to take the next step and start your career? Don’t delay, contact us today. Our friendly course experts are here to answer all your questions. Here’s how you can reach us:
- Fill in our contact form and we’ll call you
- Call us on: 0800 39 0027 – it’s free!