Learn How Distance Learning can Help Prepare you for Remote Working by reading information below:
What is Remote Working?
Remote working is a working style that allows employees to work outside of a normal office environment. This means that there is no need to travel to an office building, warehouse or store. It’s often done from home.
How Distance Learning can help Prepare you for Remote Working
Distance learning and remote working both involve working or studying from a place of your choice. Here are a few ways in which distance learning can prepare you for remote working.
- The most important trait to have is self-discipline. You need to keep track of your time whether you are managing your studies or work projects. By being disciplined you will be able to be productive.
- When you’re studying from home, make sure that you have a dedicated space that is comfortable and free from distractions. Same goes for when you are working from home.
- Working or studying from home gives you the opportunity to work with tech tools that allow you to work with others.
- Studying through distance learning will teach you how to work independently and stay motivated. Like remote working, there is no constant supervision from a superior.
- Your assignment due dates will be similar to work deadlines. By sticking to a study schedule, you will be able to manage your time better. This comes in handy when working with deadlines.
Where can I Study Distance Learning Courses?
You can study at any distance learning institution, such as Skills Academy. We offer a wide variety of accredited and non-accredited courses via distance learning. These courses cover a range of topics from Beauty to Business. You don’t even need a matric certificate to study with us. All you need is to be able to read and write in English. If you are interested in completing or upgrading your matric, with us you can!
What are the Benefits of Remote Working?
Working remoting has many benefits for employees. Take a look at some of the reasons why remote working might appeal to you.
Saves Time and Money
By working remotely, you won’t have to spend time traveling back and forth. This can be used to get a few more hours of sleep instead. It also saves you money on traveling costs.
Better Work-Life Balance
You can start and end your day at any time, as long as your work is completed. This gives you control of your work schedule and allows you to run personal errands.
Create Your own Office Space
Being able to work from home gives you the freedom to create your own work space. You can customise it according to your taste and preference.
Working from home usually has less noise and distractions. It allows you to dress more comfortably. Not having to travel to work also increases productivity.
Jobs That can be Done Remotely
Interested in knowing what jobs can be done remotely? Listed below are a few examples of popular jobs.
- Project manager
- Software engineer
- Product manager
- Digital Marketer
- Sales manager
- Account manager
Ready to Start Your Distance Learning?
Register with us by using one of the options below and speak to an expert:
- Call us on 0800 39 00 27
- Fill in this registration form
- Chat to us on Whatsapp at 082 318 8892