|Course:||National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting|
|Programme Type:||Partner Programme|
|Partner Institute:||ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers|
|Award Type:||National Diploma
and a Programme Completion Certificate
|Award Issued by:||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Course Duration:||36 months|
Successful completion of the ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
Be a qualified Certified Technical Financial Accountant
Why should I study Certified Financial Accounting?
A Certified Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:
- All Financial Accountant functions
- The Accounting Officer functions
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Signing off annual financial statements of close corporations
- Working closely with the Chartered Certified Accountant and Registered Auditor
- Thorough knowledge of corporate strategy, management accounting control systems, financial reporting and regulatory frameworks (particularly IFRS), and accounting theory and practice.
How will this course be structured?
In order to complete the Certified Financial Accounting National Diploma, students will have to complete all the following subjects:
The subjects from National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper):
- Introduction to Business English
- Business Management 1
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Business Literacy
These Modules from this qualification, Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Certified Senior Office Administrator):
5. Office and Legal Practice
6. Business Management 2
7. Marketing Management and Public Relations
8. Financial Statements
9. Human Resources Management and Labour Relations
The subjects from this qualification, the National Diploma: Financial Accounting
10. Business Management 3
11. Financial Management and Control
12. Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
13. Research Theory and Practice (by short dissertation, Topic: Business Management)
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
Please Note: There will be a dissertation required for the subject ‘Accounting Theory and Practice’.
How long is the course?
What certificate will I get?
You will be awarded a National Diploma: with Certified Financial Accounting from FASSET. You will receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays. Below is an example of what your ICB Certificate will look like.
When can I start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last Updated: November 29, 2017