Pros and Cons of Distance Learning
With distance learning rising in popularity, one would think there weren’t many downsides. Well, actually there aren’t. But people differ – and that means there will always be something. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of distance learning:
If you’re thinking about distance education, you might want to find out everything about it, including some of its downsides.
- One of the most flexible study options available
- Comfortable study space
- Work at your own pace
- You have control over your daily learning hours
- Available with just a click of the mouse
While there aren’t that many cons, it’s more about one’s personal taste than anything else. Let’s look at some of the downsides of distance learning:
- You need a strong sense of discipline. There’s a difference between having “flexible timing” and “not bothering.”
- Having a comfortable study space isn’t always good. When it comes to completing assignments and similar projects, you have to be in a space where you can focus.
- No one else to drive your studying
Pros and Cons of Face-to-Face Learning
Just like distance learning, there are some downsides to face-to-face learning.
Many students prefer face-to-face learning to distance learning, as it allows them better understanding.
- You’re physically there. Face-to-face learning and teaching is something that is essential for some students.
- You get instant answers and interaction
- You may find motivation in being obliged to attend class.
While face-to-face education is the traditional way of learning, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better. Let’s look at some reasons why:
- You can experience unpleasant feelings that you associate with school, like feeling closed off.
- Some students prefer being part of an online support community, and having experts and tutors on hand to answer your questions
- For students who have difficulty always attending class because of other obligations, it can be harder to catch up and understand all the work.
While a lot of freedom comes with distance learning, a lot of responsibility comes with it as well. You need to have discipline for distance learning. Then again, when it comes to face-to-face learning, if you don’t understand a subject or module or a part thereof, you need to take extra classes. The pressing reality is that some students do have difficulty attending all their classes – it’s a lot more common than one might think. With more and more students seeking a job to support them financially while studying, this is to be expected.
Why is Distance Learning Better than Face-to-Face Learning?
Because of its flexible timing – and the fact that you can study virtually anywhere. You are in charge of your day.
In case you haven’t heard, we offer quality distance education. We also offer a variety of courses fit for any career! Not only do we offer quality distance education, we also have a great student support network. All your coursework also gets sent to you – so you don’t have to change up your busy schedule for us!
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
Ready to Start Living Your Best Life With Distance Learning? Enrol today!
Don’t get stuck in a stressful cycle of balancing your education and obligations by trying to fit them in one day! Choose distance learning. Contact us today!
- Contact us for free on 0800 39 0027
- Fill in our online contact form