Want to be able to offer valuable bookkeeping and accounting skills, or become an accountant someday? The ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting is the course for you! It will give you the knowledge and practical skills needed in bookkeeping, financial accounting, income tax, financial management, reporting standards, corporate strategy, management accounting and research.
|Course||National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting|
|Programme Type||Partner Programme|
|Award Type||National Diploma and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|Award Issued By||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Course Duration||28 Months|
Successful completion of the FET Certificate in Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
Be a qualified Certified Senior Bookkeeper
What is Included in your Course Fee?
All your study material, textbooks and study notes
The courier fees are included in your course fees. No waiting on the Post Office. You don’t spend weeks waiting on your next package with study materials. On average we deliver in a week or less.
All your Tutorial Services
We have a dedicated team of tutors and administrators to help you with each and every query you might have on your course.
Online Study Group with Together We Pass
Skills Academy students get free access to the Together We Pass (TWP) online study groups. The study groups are facilitated by your own Skills Academy lecturers and tutors. This is where you get the best help with your studies! And when YOU have the answer, you can even help your classmates!
Limitless access to your Lecturers and Tutors (in Office Hours)
Together We Pass, in association with Skills Academy, offers free online study groups for all of their students. That means that within two days of signing up you will be registered in your online study group and you can start engaging with your classmates and your lecturers.
This is key to the Skills Academy strategy of high contact, supported learning so all students are encouraged to use the study groups as much as possible.
Students should also remember that these study groups are facilitated by their own Skills Academy lecturers, which means they can answer any question you might have. We hope you find the study groups useful in your studies!
What is NOT Included in your Course Fee?
- Writing materials
- Envelopes to send assignments to us
In fact, you can upload your assignments here through our Learner Portal, and cut out the price of envelopes out as well!
How Will My Study Material Look?
Once you have successfully enrolled with us, we will send you a package within the first 1-2 working days. In this package, you will receive a Skills Academy Welcome Pack as well as the first set of study material for the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting course. Look at the image below to see what you can expect from us.
Our Tutors Will Make Sure You Pass!
Here at Skills Academy, we want to make sure you pass on your first try. That’s why we have a team of smart and helpful tutors that will assist you every step of the way. You can call them during the day for any assistance or Whatsapp them in a group if you need a quick answer to a tough question.
In order to complete the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting, students will have to complete all the following subjects:
The subjects from National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
1. Introduction to Business English
2. Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
3. Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
4. Computerised Bookkeeping
5. Business Literacy
The subjects from the FET Certificate Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper):
6. Financial Statements
7. Cost and Management Accounting
The subjects from this qualification, the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
8. Income Tax Returns
9. Business Law and Accounting Control
These Subjects Cover The Following Topics:
1. Introduction To Business English
- Introduction to communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Business writing
- Speaking, listening and reading skills
- Work readiness
2. Bookkeeping To Trial Balance
- An Introduction To Business, Bookkeeping And Accounting
- Value Added Tax And Source Document
- Recording Cash Transactions
- Recording Credit And Sundry Transactions
- Inventory Systems
- Individual Accounts For Debtors And Creditors
- The Bank Reconciliation Process
- Reconciling Supplier Statements
3. Payroll And Monthly SARS Returns
• Recording business financial transactions
• VAT calculations and returns
• Basic conditions of employment
• Statutory registrations
• Complete PAYE documents
• Accounting for payroll
• E-filing monthly SARS returns
• Ethics and the registered Tax Practitioner
4. Computerised And Bookkeeping
• Basic PC concepts
• Working with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
• Working with the Internet and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
• Working with Microsoft Word
• Working with Microsoft Excel
• Working with Microsoft PowerPoint
• Installation and registration
• Pastel language
• Creating and setting up a company
• Create and maintain general ledger accounts
• Create and maintain supplier accounts
• Create and maintain customer accounts
• Create and maintain inventory items
• Take on balances and journals
• Supplier processing
• Customer processing
• Cash book, petty cash and journal
• Month end procedures
• Year end procedures
5. Business Literacy
• The key principles of effective business communication
• Spoken communication
• Written communication
• Work readiness
• Working with numbers: an introduction
• Working with fractions and decimal numbers
• Percentages, ratios, proportions and equations
• Using interest rates in business
• Measure, analyse and communicate workplace data
• Business communication – Putting it all together &
• Business numeracy – Putting it all together
6. Financial Statements
• Finalisation and interpretation of accounts
• Depreciable assets
• Financial statements of the sole trader
• Close corporations
• Statement of cash flows
7. Cost And Management Accounting
• An introduction to Managerial Accounting
• Controlling inventory and overhead costs
• Accounting for a manufacturing enterprise
• Budgeting and standard costing
• Financial management
• Organisational ethics & revision
8. Income Tax Returns
• Introduction to taxation
• Gross income
• Exempt income
• Allowable deductions
• Fringe benefits and allowances
• Employees’ tax and provisional tax
• Taxation of non-residents
• Taxation of business entities
• Turnover tax
• Completing tax returns
• Capital gains tax
• Donations tax
• Estate duty
• SARS and the Tax Practitioner
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark.
A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
Choose Your ICB Study Materials
You get two options of study material to choose from which includes: Standard and PRO.
The Standard Study Material pack has been developed by Skills Academy around the Textbook from the official ICB publishers.
This study pack includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- Skills Academy Study and workbook guide
- Skills Academy Solution guide
- Assessment guide
- Exam trial paper
If you need more help with your studies, try the PRO study material pack. It has more study materials to assist you. All the study materials and videos in the PRO option are directly from the Official ICB publishers.
The PRO study materials include:
- ICB Textbooks
- ICB study guide
- Skills Academy assessment guide
- USB with *videos to boost studying
- Two trial exam papers on the USB
*The videos on the USB is another way to help you with your studies. Before you write your exam, use the videos to test your knowledge. The video assumes that you have already studied the material.
When Can You Start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will
contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last updated: May 27, 2019