When you are doing short courses in Business Management you are learning how to run a company. During your studies, you will learn about business administration, office management, entrepreneurship, and you will gain financial knowledge.
Business Administration is about looking after a business and its how it functions. When you study Business Management you will cover Business Administration. With Business Administration you will learn about finance, accounting, marketing, human resource management, supply change management, and entrepreneurship.
Office Administration is about the daily activities of a business. You will learn about financial planning, record keeping, billing, staff, physical distribution, and logistics. By studying Office Administration, you will be able to manage the general day-to-day stuff in a company.
Where to Study These Business Courses?
You can learn about Business Management, Business Administration, and Office Administration by doing short courses. In South Africa, you can do these short courses through Skills Academy, or UNISA. You can study full-time or part-time by distance learning.
Skills Academy offers three certificate courses in Business Management (N4, N5, and N6). Each certificate will take you 12 months to finish. If you finish these three certificates you can do an 18-month practical training. When you finish the practical training, you will get a diploma. You will learn about management communication, accounting, entrepreneurship, computer practice, sales management, and public relations.
ICB Courses in Business Management
Skills Academy also offers three ICB courses in Business Management. These courses are an ICB National Certificate in Small Business Financial Management (nine months long with four subjects), an ICB Higher Certificate in Office Administration (24 months long with nine subjects), and an ICB National Diploma in Financial Accounting (36 months long with 13 subjects). You will learn about business English, bookkeeping, business literacy, office and legal practice, marketing management and public relations, financial statements, human resources management and labour relations, financial management and control, financial reporting, and regulatory frameworks. With the ICB National Diploma in Financial Accounting, you will also do a real-life Business Management project where you will use what you have learned, in the workplace.
ICB Courses in Office Administration
Skills Academy also has three courses in Office Administration. These courses are an ICB National Certificate in Office Administration (18 months long), ICB Higher Certificate in Office Administration (28 months long), and an ICB Diploma in Office Administration (36 months long).
The ICB National Certificate in Office Administration
With the ICB National Certificate in Office Administration you will learn about business English, bookkeeping, business literacy, marketing management and public relations, business law and administrative practice, and cost and management account. Once you finish this course you will be a junior office administrator.
The ICB Higher Certificate in Office Administration
With the ICB Higher Certificate in Office Administration you will learn about human resource management, labour relations, and economics. When you finish this course, you will become a senior office administrator.
The ICB Diploma in Office Administration
With the ICB Diploma in Office Administration, you will learn about financial statements and management.
Short Course Certificate in Office Management
Skills Academy also has a Short Course Certificate in Office Management. This course is eight months long and has three subjects. You will learn about business English, face-to-face communication, and organisational skills.
UNISA has many Business Management short courses. These courses are six to 12 months long. You may do a short course in:
- Quality Management
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Management
- Corporate Citizenship
- Strategic Implementation and Control
- Health and Safety Management
- Management Practice
- Strategic Management
- Global Business Management
- The Management of Organisational Change and Renewal
- General Management
- Sustainability and Greed
- Contemporary Management Issues, and
Other Online Business Management Courses
In South Africa, you can do business management courses online too. You can do these online courses with Stellenbosch University, GetSmarter, Milpark Education, and the Academy of York. Once you finish these courses you will get skills in marketing, business, entrepreneurship and finance. You can find out more about each online course below.
- Stellenbosch University has a part-time, online Business Leadership and Management short course. You will need ten weeks giving six to eight hours of online class time per week. When you finish the course, you will get a Stellenbosch University certificate.
- GetSmarter has many online short-courses in business management and related topics. You will be able to do courses like Strategic Business Management. You will need ten weeks, giving seven to ten hours of online class time per week. You will cover ten subjects.
- Oxbridge Academy has many online business management short courses to choose from. You will need a total of 13 hours of online class time. You have six months to finish a course.
- Milpark Education has an online business management short course that you can finish in four weeks.
- Academy of York has an online business management short course that is three to six months long. You have to give seven to ten hours of online class time per week. With this course, you will cover eight subjects.
Written by: Maryam Rumaney
Last updated: February 01, 2019