Workplace Skills Courses give you exactly what you need to be a productive member of a business. Find out what courses are available to you and the benefits attached to having a workplace skill on your CV. Ready to get started?
What are Workplace Skills?
Workplace skills give you the ability to add value to a business. They give you the skills to do your job and the duties required of you. Not only do these skills benefit you and your career but they also benefit your employer. This is why many employers will give you the opportunity to improve your skill set. Workplace skills can be divided into two categories, soft and hard skills.
If you want to be successful in the workplace, up your soft skills. These are useful skills for any career. They are part of your personality traits, which mean you are born with them. Yet, they can be improved through hard work and experience. Soft skills include:
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Time management
And so much more!
These are often referred to as technical skills. Soft skills may help you get the job done, but your hard skills will teach you how to get it done. These skills are learnt through studies, experience at a workplace or self taught. Some of the many hard skills include:
- Computer skills
- Your studies and qualifications
- Learning a foreign language
What Workplace Skills Courses are Available?
Regardless of the industry that you work in or want to work in, there is a workplace skill available to you. Here at Skills Academy, we offer a wide range of courses you can do via distance learning. Just take a look at your options below:
- Becoming a Successful Supervisor – (1 Module)
- Budgeting – (1 Module)
- Business Etiquette – (1 Module)
- Change Management – (1 Module)
- Coaching and Counselling for Managers – (1 Module)
- Conducting Meetings – (1 Module)
- Conflict Management – (1 Module)
- Copyediting – (1 Module)
- Delegating for Results – (1 Module)
- Diversity Management – (1 Module)
- Effective Performance Appraisals – (1 Module)
- Effective Presentations – (1 Module)
- Email Etiquette – (1 Module)
- First Aid Level 1 – (1 Module)
- Frontline Leadership – (1 Module)
- Interviewing Skills – (1 Module)
- Introduction to Economics – (1 Module)
- Managerial Leadership – (1 Module)
- Performance Management – (1 Module)
- Organisational Skills – (1 Module)
- Payroll and Monthly SARS – (1 Module)
- Tips for Recruiting Employees – (1 Module)
- Report Writing – (1 Module)
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace – (1 Module)
- Stress Management – (1 Module)
- Training Managers – (1 Module)
- Time Management – (1 Module)
Benefits of Having Workplace Skills
So how can these skills benefit you? There are many ways that you and your career can benefit from having one or a few of these skills under your belt.
Be the first pick when employers are choosing candidates. Studying our workplace skills and adding it to your CV will prove you have the skills to complete practical duties.
Adds to Your Confidence
You no longer have to question your abilities when you study with our workplace skills. With us, you’ll be able to put your best foot forward and have confidence in your skills.
Increase Your Credibility
Anyone can say that they have communication skills. But what if you had a qualification that proves this skill? You will have the qualification to back up the skills in your cover letter.
Benefits of Workplace Skills in a Business
Not only do workplace skills benefit you, it holds great advantages for the business as well. A skilled workforce will produce excellent work, delivered on time and effectively. Some of the many advantages are listed below.
When everyone has the right set of skills, this will boost productivity in the workspace. This will allow the department to keep up with the demand which in turn will increase sales.
Issues can happen at any time. But when employees have workplace skills, there is a reduced chance of these risks ever occurring. And when they do, your skills will help solve the problem.
Improves Customer Service
Workplace skills benefit the business as well as the employees. But it doesn’t end there. It improves customer service which will have customers coming back for more.
Working together is one of the most crucial elements in an office. Your workplace skills will be the foundation on which you build your team. This means helping each other, offering advice, and ensuring a smooth workflow.
Level up Your Skills With us
Upgrade your skills with us and you will be one step closer to the career you’ve always wanted. For more details, simply contact our course experts. We are always ready to help. You can:
- Call us on 0800 39 00 27
- Fill in our contact form for a call back