Wondering what the subjects required to study wedding planning are? You’ll be pleased to know that there aren’t any. Get an in-depth look into this exciting career field and learn what you need to become a successful wedding planner.
Subjects Required to Study Wedding Planning
Generally, there aren’t any specific subjects you need to study wedding planning. Business studies is often recommended, but not required. If you want to study wedding planning, you should focus on the requirements of the institution you want to study at instead.
Wedding Planning Courses at Skills Academy
We offer three Wedding Planner courses through distance learning. This means that you get to study from home and at your own pace. All you need to qualify is to have an understanding of the English language. No matric is necessary.
Why Study Wedding Planning?
Planning a wedding comes with a lot of hard work and dedication. But the results are often worth it in the end. It also comes with a range of benefits. Here are a few reasons why you should consider studying wedding planning.
You can start out with an events planning company and eventually branch out on your own. Many wedding planners choose to start their own business once they gain enough experience and build a client base.
Chance to Network
As a wedding planner you will constantly be meeting new people. This can include clients, vendors or other industry professionals. The more people you meet and connect with, the greater chance you have of growing your business.
Each Project is Different
No two couples are the same. This gives you the chance to use your creativity to come with unique and out of the box ideas for different clients. With industry trends, colours and themes constantly changing, there is no limit to what you can design.
Be a Part of Something Special
There’s nothing more rewarding than knowing you played a role in the success of a wedding.
It is after all, one of the most important days in a couple’s life. If your clients are happy with the job you did, there is a big chance that they will refer you to another couple.
What Skills are Needed for a Career in Wedding Planning?
A wedding planner is a people’s person. You have to be able to work with a range of different people to grow in this industry. There are also other soft skills you need to be successful at your job as a wedding planner.
- Organisation – There is a lot of detail that goes into planning a wedding. You need to be able to keep track of everything without losing focus on the big picture. How well you manage your time is also important.
- Communication – Communicating with clients and service providers is a big part of this job. You need to know how to do this well to avoid any misunderstandings or confusion. It’s also essential that you communicate in a clear and calm manner.
- Budgeting – Every wedding comes with a different budget. A creative wedding planner will find ways to make the most out of it. You should be able to work within your budget with ease.
- Negotiation – Knowing how to negotiate with your service providers is essential, especially if you are on a tight budget. These skills can help you score discounts on what you need, such as flowers, food, photography and music.
- Creativity and Knowledge of Trends – Creativity is important when it comes to planning a unique wedding. You need to constantly come up with ideas that are new, while keeping up with current trends.
The career options in wedding planning aren’t just limited to being a wedding planner. There are other careers within the industry that you can explore. Here is a list of some of those jobs you can look into.
- Wedding Planner
- Wedding Coordinator
- Event Planner
- Party Planner
- Venue Manager
- Donor Coordinator
Plan Dream Weddings With Ease!
With weddings on the increase, the need for wedding planners is rising. Get ahead by studying with us and gain the much needed skills. To learn more about our services, contact one of our course experts by:
- Calling us for free on 0800 39 0027
- Filling in our online contact form