You’ve registered, got your study material, and now you are ready to start your course. But oh no! Your textbooks are gathering dust and you have a hard time completing your assignments. Don’t worry, we are here to help. Our top tips to completing your distance learning assignments will give you the motivation you need to complete your work. You’ve got this.
Top Tips to Completing Your Distance Learning Assignments
We all know that completing assignments is harder than it seems. When completing distance learning courses, you don’t have submission dates. It all depends on you. To make it easier, use our tips to completing your distance learning assignments.
Plan Your Work
As a distance learning student, planning your work is essential. But one daily planner is not enough. You need to have different planners for different uses. These include:
- Where Your Focus Will be First – Determine which module you will be focussing on first. Once you have that down, break it down into units to make your work manageable.
- Create a Study Schedule – With ICB, NATED, CIMA and Matric courses, you will need to write exams. Note down the due dates to avoid cramming the night before your test.
Find the Right Time to Tackle Your Work
Consistency is key. If you are able to study at the same time at night or weekends, mark that down as your study time. It is easier to complete work when it falls into your daily routine.
Interact With Your Online Study Groups
Interaction between students is important in any course. That’s where online study groups come into play. It gives you the chance to exchange knowledge and help each other complete assignments.
Keep in Touch With Student Support Services
Not sure when your assignments are due? Need help with submissions? Contact our student support services. When you clear up all obstacles, it will be easier to finish the race.
Send Your Work to Your Tutor
If you need motivation to study, complete one assignment and send it to your tutor. The satisfaction you get from handing in your work might give you the edge to complete the rest.
Do Your Readings
Don’t get frightened by the workload. Get a headstart on your readings. Once you have some understanding of the module, completing your assignments won’t be so daunting.
Be Your Biggest Motivator
When you don’t have submission dates staring down at you, it’s easy to procrastinate. But you have to be your biggest motivator to complete your work. Do this by:
- Creating Notifications on Your Phone – Your notifications will alert you to when you need to start studying.
- Rewarding Yourself – Buy yourself a chocolate or get one night off from studying when you complete a chapter or assignment.
- Keeping Your Books in Plain Sight – Don’t hide your books in the cupboard. Keep it in sight to remind yourself to study.
Prioritise Your Priorities
If you have other responsibilities to focus on, prioritise them, whether it’s work or family. If not, you will end up worrying about it. Your work will end up suffering as a result.
Get Familiar With the Assignment Process
Don’t just focus on completing your assignments. You need to familiarise yourself with the assignment process as well. This will keep you up to speed with the in and out of submission.
Have Your Assignments Wrapped up in no Time
Our top tip in completing your work? Get started. The first step might be the hardest. But once you get the ball rolling, you will be well on your way to completing your course. If you need help, contact one of our course experts for assistance. You can:
- Call us on 0800 39 00 27
- Fill in our contact form for a call back