Tax advisers are trained in tax law. They understand the regulations regarding business and individual taxes and advise clients on how to comply with both federal and state tax legislation.Tax advisers provide their clients with financial and tax-related advice. They meet with clients over the phone and in-person to discuss their clients’ tax situations. They educate their clients on tax options, including how to legally lower tax liability or how to compute taxes based on their investments. Tax advisers might prepare and complete client tax returns and assist clients in finding the right deductions, credits and adjustments based on their financial situation.
Interested in becoming a tax advisor?
Try one of these courses
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Income Tax Returns
- ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- ICB National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
- ICB National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting
- ICB FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
Last updated: October 25th 2016