Did you know, Tuesday is the most productive day of the week? Well, with the right workplace skills, you’ll be productive every day of the week. Gear up with the skills every office professional needs, and you’ll be all set for your successful career.
Skills Every Office Professional Needs
You might think administration skills are the one skill an office professional needs. But that’s not the case. You need a wide variety of soft and technical skills to complete your duties. Check out exactly what they are below.
Soft skills, also known as personality traits, are the skills that help you complete your work. They are part of your work ethic, and can be improved with experience. Top soft skills for office employees include:
As an office professional, you need to be able to communicate verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients. This helps for a smoother workflow as there is a clear understanding on what needs to be done.
Staying organised helps you keep track of work and prioritise that which is important to produce the best work. It helps with effective time management, which allows you to stick to deadlines.
No man is an island, and this reigns true in every office. Most of your work revolves around working with other people. So being a keen team player is beneficial to completing duties.
Even though you are in your own department, you are part of one big organisation. Your duties often cross with other departments, so you need to be flexible. It might just help you learn new skills.
Whether it’s coming up with new ideas or solving issues, you need to be creative in your work. It proves you have the skills to think outside of the box and take initiative when the opportunity comes.
Soft skills may help you get the job done, but your technical skills will show you how it’s done. Technical skills need to be taught, by studying a course and perfected through experience. Hard skills useful to an office professional includes:
Most, if not all your work will be completed on a computer. Computer skills will help you perform admins duties, organise tasks and communicate. Having MS Office Suite skills is a great start.
Be Fluent in More Than One Language
When you are able to speak more than one language, you can communicate with clients for a better customer service experience. Plus, being bilingual boosts your chances of getting a job.
Whether you are a PA, secretary or general office worker, budgeting skills are a must. It will help you allocate finances for projects, as well as budget for office supplies.
First Aid Skills
No matter which career you have, every workplace needs a few designated first aiders in case of an emergency. They are able to offer immediate assistance until authorities arrive.
Courses that Will Advance Your Office Career
Ready to learn the technical skills your office career needs? We are here to help. We offer a wide range of courses you can study via distance learning. This means you can study from the comfort of your home while gaining the skills you need. Some of the courses we offer include:
- ICB Office Administration Courses – This accredited ICB course will teach you the skills to become a sought after office professional. These include finance and management skills.
- Office Management Courses – Learn how to manage any office space like a boss. Gain skills like organisation and effective communication.
- Management Assistant Courses – Become the right hand of your manager with this accredited NATED Course. Learn the ins and outs with skills like office practice and processes.
- Secretarial Courses – Being the face of the company is an easy feat with our Secretarial Courses. Learn how to communicate with clients and perform admin duties like a pro.
- Microsoft Office Specialist Courses – Learn the basic MS Office Suite skills every office professional needs. This includes working with spreadsheets and setting up PowerPoint presentations.
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.