Are you interested in the world of finance and want to touch up on your administration skills? The world of education is rapidly changing and access to learning has opened with the help of the internet. Wondering if you should study bookkeeping part-time? Here is why that is a great idea!
Why you Should Study Bookkeeping
Bookkeeping is one of the career paths that will always be around. From big corporations, small businesses and even in your own personal capacity. This is why investing in a bookkeeping course is the best bet to secure your future. Here are some reasons why you should consider enrolling into a bookkeeping course:
- Everyone needs a bookkeeper: As already mentioned every business needs a bookkeeper. From the big store in the city to the small business selling cakes down the road. As your skill set and qualifications grow so will your demand.
- Steady Income: Recent events have shown us all why a stable career path is so important. Bookkeepers can expect to earn a solid income which will only grow with your experience.
- Flexibility: Don’t see yourself working the traditional 9-5? Depending on the company you work for you can decide to work either full-time or part-time. Freelance bookkeeping opportunities are always growing daily. So if you like the sound of working from home in your pajamas this might be something to consider.
- Keep Your Options Open: Thinking of possibly becoming an accountant one day? Luckily there are many opportunities for career advancements. Many bookkeepers end up moving on to become accountants or auditors. The great thing about ICB Courses is that there is also the chance to do a study upgrade.
These are just some of the benefits of working towards a career as a bookkeeper.
Part-Time Bookkeeping Courses: How it Works
Does it seem like almost everyone is pushing part-time studies as an option for higher education? You may be asking yourself what the fuss is about, but the truth is part-time studies has many perks. Students have more responsibilities and some simply cannot afford to study on a full-time basis. If you are thinking of studying bookkeeping part-time here are some important things to note:
Your Study Material is essential to your part-time studies. Before enrolling at an institution make sure your study material and notes are covered in your course fees. Studying further is expensive and the last thing you should be stressing about is how to pay for it all.
With part-time studies it is important to get started as soon as possible. Make sure to find out before enrolling at a college whether or not they will courier your study material. This is the fastest method to ensure that you can get to work immediately.
There could be some hidden costs attached to part-time learning. There are a few vital questions you should ask like if the study material is covered in your course fees or how much an ICB Membership will be. For more important questions to ask have a look on the ICB Website.
Pacing Your Learning
As a part-time student you must prepare your study schedule properly and find the right time to study: a time that works for you! The ICB sends out one subject at a time. Once you have completed one you can request the next. There are some institutions that reward you for working faster.
As a part-time student the biggest fear could be having no support. It is important to check whether the institution you are enrolling in offers these online platforms to engage with students and tutors.
Studying bookkeeping part-time means that you are able to gain valuable work experience while updating your skill set. It also gives you more breathing room to focus on all your other responsibilities.
Part-Time Bookkeeping Courses with Skills Academy
Skills Academy is a recognized distance learning institution. Distance learning gives you the opportunity to learn while you earn. Study the following ICB Part-Time Bookkeeping Courses from the comfort of your own home:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
- ICB FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
To enrol into most of the ICB Courses you must have either a Grade 10 or Grade 11 qualification. The ICB does recognize prior work experience and you could gain admission through this. If you do not have the necessary qualifications have a look at our adult matric options. If this is not the route for you have a look at our provider programs for accounting and bookkeeping. You might find something that works for you.
Enrol in our Bookkeeping Part-Time Courses
Contact us today and one of our friendly consultants will be happy to assist.
- Complete our online registration form
- Call us on our toll-free number at 0800 39 0027
- Message us on Whatsapp at 082 318 8892