A senior bookkeeper is a level up from a junior bookkeeper. A senior bookkeeper usually works under the supervision of an accountant or auditor. Small businesses normally have one bookkeeper, but where there is a large finance department,there may be a need for both junior and senior bookkeepers. A senior bookkeeper’s tasks can include:
- Preparing monthly and annual financial statements.
- Supervising junior clerical personnel.
- Preparing budgets and maintaining budget account controls.
- Cost accounting.
- Breakeven analysis.
How do I become a senior bookkeeper?
For those who are interested in advancing their bookkeeping skills and become senior bookkeepers,Skills Academy offers the following bookkeeping certificates and diplomas
- ICB FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
- ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- ICB National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting
Another option would be to choose from the following short courses that can assist in refining your bookkeeping skills and in advancing your career:
- ICB Short Course: Senior Bookkeeping – Financial Statements
- ICB Short Course: Senior Bookkeeping – Cost and Management Accounting
- ICB Short Course: Technical Financial Accounting – Business Law & Accounting Control
- ICB Short Course: Technical Financial Accounting – Income Tax Returns
- ICB Short Course: Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
- ICB Short Course: Management and Accounting Control Systems
- ICB Short Course: Accounting Theory and Practice
- ICB Short Course: Corporate Strategy
How long does it take?
- ICB FET Certificate: 24 – 36 months
- ICB Diploma: 48 – 60 months
- Short Courses: 7 – 9 months
Benefits of being a senior bookkeeper:
- There are many opportunities for employment, especially if you obtain bookkeeping certification to add value to your qualification.
- You can earn national and international recognition within the profession.
- You will have a higher earning potential than a junior bookkeeper.
To learn more about the bookkeeping courses offered by Skills Academy, simply fill in the form below, and one of our friendly Student Consultants will contact you shortly:
Last Updated: September 26, 2018