Learn to start, plan, control and finish a project on time and within budget. You can gain all the skills needed to run projects well and grow in your career.
Skills Academy Offers the Following Project Management Courses:
Project Management Studies
What is Project Management About?
A project is a series of tasks which has a clear beginning and end (usually short-term) with specific goals set out by the project manager. Everything from hiring new staff, advertising new products, organising corporate events, and the construction of a new building are all examples of events.
Is This the Right Field for you?
You want to make sure that you have the right type of personality and have certain goals in mind in order to have a long and successful career in project management. Here are the qualities needed in someone who wants to work in this field.
You Want to get Into a Career Quickly
Project Management Institute (PMI) states that the demand for people skilled in Project Management will grow by 33%. This is equal to 22 million new jobs by the year 2027, you can read up on PMI’s great news here.
You do not Like Boredom
Two days are hardly ever the same in project management. You work with a team of different personalities, tackle a wide range of tasks and use a variety of skills for each situation.
You Don’t Have a Problem Saying no
There will be times when you have to disagree with requests, plans, and actions of your team members, managers, and boss.
You can Stay Calm Under Pressure
This is a very important skill to have in your career and to show during an interview. When times are tough, we will often look at our leaders to give us a solution on what to do next. To be able to be effective under pressure you have to be able to keep calm.
Where Will you Find Work in Project Management?
- Information Technology Industry
- Marketing and Advertising
- Project Director
- Project Assistant
- Program Manager
- Project Lead
- Project Coordinator
- Resource Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Budget Manager
- Risk Manager
- Quality Control Manager
How Much do Project Managers Earn?
As stated by Payscale, on this is what project managers working in South Africa earn per year.
- Project Management Director: R845,000
- Project Assistant: R151 000
- Project Coordinator: R209 000
- Procurement Manager: R427 000 Per Year
- Risk Manager: R499 000 Per Year
- Quality Control Manager: R291 000 Per Year
List of Project Management Courses:
Here are the Project Management courses on offer at Skills Academy:
- Short Course in Project Management
- Proficiency Certificate in Project Management
- Advanced Certificate in Project Management
Ready to get Started?
- Simply fill in the form on this page, and we will get back to you shortly to make sure this is the best course for you.
- Fill in our Online Registration Form and get started right away.
- Call us toll-free: 0800 39 0027
- Text us on Whatsapp: 082 318 8892
Written By: Robin Louw
Last Updated: November 08, 2018