The production manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the production are completed within budget, according to the designer’s and director’s wishes, and in time for the first public performance. He or she oversees the cost effectiveness and planning of the entire production process.They are responsible for hiring, budgeting, scheduling and handling insurance. They must also ensure that the production complies with all safety, and union regulations.
Interested in becoming a production manager?
Try one of these courses
- Skills Academy Short Course in Project Management
- Skills Academy Certificate in Project Management
- Skills Academy Advanced Certificate in Project Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management Short Course
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management Certificate Course
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management Advanced Certificate Course
Last updated: October 25th 2016