Are you based in Pretoria and wondering what Pretoria courses can you do? Whatever you are looking for, you are sure to find it. It is only a matter of how do you want to do these courses. For example, are you looking to study via distance learning, online or face to face. Or, are you looking for short courses, diploma courses or degree courses? The choice is yours!
What are Courses?
According to the Cambridge English dictionary, courses are “a set of classes or a plan of study on a particular subject leading to an exam or a qualification.”
This means that when you are doing a course, you are gaining information with a practical purpose. Whether to improve your already learned skill or to gain a new one.
Courses mostly form part of higher education. You can do them from a university or a college. They can either be short courses or full time courses that lead to diplomas and degrees.
Things to consider Before Choosing a Course in Pretoria
You want to be able to choose a course that speaks to your needs. A course that will be able to improve your life and make your dreams come true. And what’s great is that Pretoria courses are packed with the promise to make your life change for the better! Let’s look at the factors you need to consider before choosing a course in Pretoria:
- How is it offered – This is important to know because it gives you an idea of how you are going to study this course. You will then be able to decide whether or not that is the best route for you. The best possible way that will never be rendered obsolete by anything, as we’ve seen with recent events, is distance learning. Should you decide you want to do what’s best for your future, Skills Academy is your best bet!
- How long does it take to complete – This is to say, are you looking for short courses or diploma/degree courses? Short courses usually take anything from 4 months to 18 months and are aimed at providing you with work-ready skills. Your decision will be based on how soon you want to start working.
- How much does it cost – This is a no brainer. Most people often choose their courses of study based on their affordability. Others choose to go to public universities so they can be able to study via the government funds. With Skills Academy, you do not have to worry about study costs or losing your money should you not be happy with us. We have study payment plans that are tailor made for everyone’s capabilities. We also have a 30-day money back guarantee which allows you to get your full money back within 30 days of registration should you wish to deregister. And the best part is you can study with us from anywhere in the country!
What Courses Can I study in Pretoria?
As we have mentioned above, Pretoria Courses are no different than any other courses in the world. So, with Skills Academy, you will be able to study any courses you please. Let’s look at what kinds of courses are there to give you an idea:
These courses are accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). They take 18 months of theory training at a college and 18 months of practical training in a workplace. After that, you get your diploma. These courses are referred to as N’s followed by the level at which you are enrolling. For example, level one would be N1. They range from N1 – N6. Skills Academy has a range of these courses. Have a look here.
Pretoria is a busy city that is a hub of businesses. If you are one of the people there who wants to work as soon as possible and make something of themselves, short courses are your best bet. These courses allow you to study in a short period of time and be ready to use your certificate or qualification to find employment. They can be finished within 4 months to 18 months, depending on the course you choose.
The accredited ones are accredited by SETA and quality assured by SETA ETQA’s. With these courses;, you can build up to a full qualification over time, i.e a diploma. The unaccredited ones are commonly known as provider programmes. Even though they are not accredited, they are still recognised by some employers as they provide you with the needed skill to do a specific job.
Why Study Via Distance Learning?
Distance learning is the most sustainable form of study. With the recent Covi-19 outbreak, we have seen that the traditional form of study, which is attending classes, is not durable. Distance learning allows you to study and continue studying no matter what. On top of that, you get to do all this studying at the comfort of your own home! Furthermore:
- It is affordable. You never have to worry about student loans that will take your whole life to pay off!
- It saves time. You don’t spend hours stuck in traffic or just traveling from your house to campus. In a way, it also keeps you safe from crimes in the outside world.
- It provides focused support. What this means is that whatever you need, your tutors and student advisors are always ready to help you, providing you with individual, focused support.
Are you Ready to Study Skills Academy Courses From Pretoria? Contact Us Now!
Why not enrol with us to ensure you get the best education while living in Pretoria? Wondering how to enrol with us? It’s easy, all you have to do is:
- Complete our online contact form
- Call us for free on our number at 0800 39 0027