A payroll manager is responsible for coordinating, directing and controlling payroll preparation, processing and distribution. Payroll managers supervise and coordinate activities of payroll staff, manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements, ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner, direct the preparation of payroll related documents, administer benefit plans, oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements, compile data from payroll sources, prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports, monitor the accurate processing of staff appointments, transfers, promotions and terminations, prepare and review payroll account reconciliations, maintain accurate account balances and review and improve payroll policies and procedures.
Interested in becoming a payroll manager?
Try one of these courses
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Payroll and Monthly SARS
- ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Certified Junior Office Administrator)
- ICB Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Certified Senior Office Administrator)
- ICB Diploma: Office Administration (Certified Office Manager)
- Skills Academy Short Course in Financial Management
- Skills Academy Advanced Certificate in Financial Management
- Skills Academy Certificate in Financial Management
Last updated: October 25th 2016