What are Online Courses
Online courses are courses where all study material is provided to you online. There are no deliveries involved. Meaning all your study material is provided via email or an online learner platform. Lessons are also online so you can study from the comfort of your own home or on the go.
Benefits of Online Courses
There are many benefits to online courses with the benefits outweighing the cons. Here are the top 5 benefits:
- Saves you time – You won’t need to travel or look for books or your material. These courses are normally so tailored that it doesn’t waste time on things that are not of importance.
- Affordable – There are no expenses on hardcopy books, so they tend to be more affordable. You can save money this way and not have to worry about payments and use a reasonable payment plan.
- Study from your own house – Because the course is completely online you can study from the comfort of your own house. You could catch up on your course work while on your lunch break or commuting home. You can study from anywhere really.
- Variety – They have so many options that you can study anything. You do a short course or a comprehensive course in anything you can think of. All the courses that in-class colleges offer you can now study online.
- Accredited courses and colleges – You can now do accredited courses online. It is no longer only provider courses. You now even have the choice to study at an accredited college like Skills Academy.
What do you Need to Study an Online Course
To do an online course there are 2 main things you’ll need. A device and an internet connection. The device can be any phone, tablet or computer. Whichever you are more comfortable and have access to. You can even use the computer at the public library if you wanted too. The internet connection doesn’t have to be fancy like an uncapped fibre line. Mobile internet is more than enough. No need for books, notebooks, or any of the stationary.
Online Courses at Skills Academy
Skills Academy now offers online courses at the touch of a button. It’s easy to register for any of our courses with a wide selection of online courses to choose from. Some of the courses don’t even require that you have a matric certificate. Here are some of the categories on offer:
- Project Management Courses
- Legal Secretary Courses
- Child Care and Educare Courses
- Marketing Management Courses
- Financial, Accounting and Bookkeeping Courses
- Management Courses
- Receptionist Courses
- Tourism Courses
- Beauty Courses
- Short Courses
- Computer Courses
- Human Resources Management Courses
Click here to see all courses on offer
Do Online Courses Provide you With a Certificate
This depends on the college that you study with. However, all Skills Academy courses provide you with a certificate at the end of the course. That is why you should study with a trusted, accredited college.
Need help enrolling to an online course? Contact us today!
- Call us for free on 0800 39 00 27
- Fill out the registration form
- Or chat to us via Whatsapp at 082 318 8892
Author: Lucrisia Benjamin
Last Updated: May 4, 2020