Intrigued by marketing careers and how much you can earn for your creative way of thinking? You will be pleased to know that you don’t have to commit to years of studying to work in this industry. Here’s what you need to know about marketing jobs you can do without a degree.
Can you Work in Marketing Without a Degree?
Yes, you can. Marketing is one of those industries that you can enter without a degree or formal education. Sometimes you can get started with as little as matric, but not everyone is that lucky. To ensure you get the job or stand out, you should at least get a diploma or certificate in marketing. These qualifications are just as good as a degree.
Marketing Jobs You can do Without a Degree
Keen on entering the industry, but worried about not being ‘qualified’? Don’t be. There are quite a few jobs you can do without a marketing degree. Here are a few:
- Social Media Manager
- PPC Specialist
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Content Writer
Social Media Manager
While you don’t need a degree for this, you do need some sort of training to understand how social media works. For this role, you will need to know who your audience is, what they like, their habits and behaviour. As a Social Media Manager, you also need to engage with them.
Become an expert at internet advertising as a PPC (Pay Per Click) Specialist. No degree required. For this job you will need to know how to manage and optimise advertising on the internet through paid advertising.
Build relationships with clients or get them to buy your products or services. For this career you will need to come up with building and effective email marketing strategy and come up with different campaigns.
To become a marketing manager, you will need to know how to attract customers and great leadership skills. Your secret power should be knowing your team’s strengths and weaknesses, and finding ways to use that to your advantage.
Consider the worldwide web your new home! As a content writer, you will write articles for websites and sometimes social media posts. For this, you need to have SEO knowledge and persuasive writing skills.
Do you have a way with words and often get compliments for your creativity? Then copywriting might just be for you. For this career, you don’t need a degree but you do need a diploma and knowledge in marketing.
How to get a Marketing job Without a Degree
Wondering how to get a marketing job without a degree? Wonder no more. Here are a few things that could help you cement your career.
- Gain Experience – You can jump straight into gaining experience. Apply for internships or volunteer in the marketing field. While some companies don’t require you to have a degree, they are always looking for people with experience. Get started ASAP.
- Earn Recognised Certificates – There are plenty of marketing certificates you can do. A lot of them are free, but it is also good to invest in marketing courses you need to pay for. You won’t regret it.
- Get a Diploma or Accredited Qualification – Not everyone is as lucky. While some people can get hired with as little as matric, you can give yourself more and better options by doing a certificate or diploma course.
- Find Your Speciality – Check to see who and what the industry is looking for. Once you’ve discovered which skills are scarce in the industry, you can determine which one of those you are actually interested in.
- Build Your Portfolio – You still need to prove your credibility. Let your portfolio speak for you. Gather all the projects or the notable tasks you’ve completed, and create a portfolio to show your genius marketing skills.
- Make Room for Learning – You need to understand that marketing is always evolving and it requires you to do the same. If you are not open to change and learning new things, then maybe this career isn’t for you.
Broaden Your Horizons
Prove your credibility and broaden your opportunities with our Marketing Courses. Speak to a course expert today to get started.
- Call us for free on 0800 39 00 27
- Or fill out this contact form for a call back