Wondering if low stress jobs that pay well even exist? The good news is that they do! But don’t get too excited. These jobs are for people who have qualifications and/or experience. If you think you qualify, find the jobs you can explore right here.
Low Stress Jobs That Pay Well
A high-paying job is often one that is in demand. They usually have limited responsibilities and need a skilled person to focus on one thing at a time. Listed below are some low stress jobs that pay well.
Computer Hardware Engineer
A computer hardware engineer designs, develops and tests computer systems and parts. This includes processors, circuit boards and networks. Generally a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or a related field is needed.
What’s better than taking photos and getting paid for it? The job of a freelance photographer often has two sides: creative and business. One cannot work without the other. Some form of education and training is needed. You should also be familiar with camera equipment.
A food technologist researches and develops new food and beverage products. They also work on ways to safely process, preserve and package food. A bachelor’s degree in food science may be needed for this job.
- Average Salary: R16 500 per month
Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. They usually work at spas, beauty centres or for themselves on a freelance basis. Educational requirements are usually less strict, but some form of training is needed.
- Average Salary: R7000 – R8000 per month
- Related Courses: Beauty Therapy
A technical writer takes complex information and turns it into clear and easy to understand language. This includes instruction manuals, guides and user manuals. A bachelor’s degree is often required in a relevant field.
An IT manager handles the performance of a company’s electronic networks. They also lead and manage an IT team. A bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science is often preferred for this job.
Have an eye for visual design? An art director is in charge of the visual styles and images used in magazines, websites and adverts. A relevant bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is usually required for this job.
A dietitian is an expert on diet and nutrition. They give advice on meal plans and help promote healthy eating habits. This career path often requires a degree in dietetics or food and nutrition management.
- Average Salary: R22 600 per month
The salaries provided here are average estimates according to PayScale
Key Requirements for Low Stress High-Paying Jobs
These types of jobs are not just for anyone. It takes a lot of hard work, discipline and dedication to your specific field. Here is a list of requirements you should have to qualify.
- Qualification – A degree is usually needed to pursue any career that falls in the low stress, high pay category.
- Talent – With your talent and ability to learn new trends, you can expect to move up the ranks quickly.
- Expertise – Your years of experience counts towards your salary amount. The more experience you have, the higher your salary will be.
- Job Description – Your job description lists your duties and responsibilities. Make sure you check this before accepting any job.
Should I Quit my High Stress Job?
Thinking about quitting your job because it’s too stressful? Sometimes a little stress is necessary. But if it starts controlling your life, it might be time for a career change. Here are some things you should consider before you do.
- Stress levels and workload are high for long periods of time.
- Work-life balance is off, which impacts your relationships and physical health
- The work you’re doing conflicts with your values
Find That Stress-Free Job and Move Up!
Not sure on what career field to focus on? Explore a variety of topics with our distance learning courses before you make a decision. To learn more, simply contact a course expert by using one these options:
- Call us for free on 0800 39 0027
- Fill in our online contact form