Consider yourself a creative thinker? Knowing how to use your creativity is the best way to learn new things easily. Find out more about the different Learning Techniques for Creative Minds right here. It might be just what you need to learn something new!
What is a Creative Thinker?
Creative thinking is defined as the ability to think differently or see an issue from a new angle or perspective. This often allows you to come up with new ways to solve problems, carry out tasks and meet challenges. Creative thinking skills are not just for ‘creative types’ like artists or musicians. Everyone can benefit from it from time to time.
Creative thinkers tend to have the following characteristics:
- Open to new ideas
- Wide range of interests
- Sense of humour
- Goal Oriented
Learning Techniques for Creative Minds
Wondering why some people are able to generate new ideas easily, while others struggle? The answer lies in their ability to use creative thinking. There are a number of tools and techniques you can use to stimulate creative thinking. Learn how to develop your skills from these learning methods below.
A mind map is a visual representation of ideas that are related to the information you are trying to learn. While it may look complicated, they are a good way for creative minds to connect the dots between different thoughts. This technique is especially suited for those who are visual learners.
Brain sketching is closely related to mind mapping. It’s ideal for those who absorb visual information better than textual data. While mind mapping is about exploring related ideas, brain sketching is more about taking information and transferring it into visual form. This tends to be easier to recall than sheets of text.
Self explanation is similar to the art of storytelling. It encourages learners to take the information they have and reimagine or reinvent it. This means that the same information will be conveyed in a completely different way, but the outcome is still the same. In simple terms, this technique is about finding different journeys to the same destination.
Two heads are better than one, right? While some creative minds may think that it’s better to work alone, working alongside a partner can also be beneficial. Creativity can’t thrive alone; creative minds work best when they are inspired by new ideas. Being able to bounce ideas off others and ask questions allows you to see things from a different perspective.
How can I Learn Creative Skills?
Everyone has some form of creativity in them. If you want to gain or improve your creative skills, there are some things you can do to help you. Here are some ideas you can use to explore your creative side.
- Build a YouTube Channel – We live in a digital world and online presence is everything. Find your craft and learn how to develop it well.
- Learn the Basics of Social Media – Knowing how to use and navigate social media channels can help you expand your skills.
- Learn How to Paint – There’s something calming about moving a paintbrush around on paper. You don’t have to paint a masterpiece. It can just be a hobby that you do to relax.
- Try Photography – Photography allows you to capture the beauty of the world. Find ways to do this from different perspectives and angles.
- Decorate Cakes – Fancy yourself a baker? Combine this with some cool decorating styles! Create something that looks and tastes great.
- Sign Up for Graphic Design Classes – Graphic design is a great skill to have if you’re a marketer. Display your ideas in a way that attracts others.
- Improve Your Communication Skills – These skills are important regardless of the field you work in. Never stop learning how to improve them.
- Learn How to Write – What better way to let your imagination run free than to put pen to paper?
- Design Nail Art – Do you love getting your nails done? Learning how to do your own nails can also help you tap into your creative side.
Get Creative With Your Learning Methods!
Explore your creativity with our range of distance learning courses! For more details, simply contact our course experts by using one of the methods below:
- Call us for free on 0800 39 0027
- Complete our online contact form