JUNIOR FILE MAKER DEVELOPER POSITION
At Skills Academy our vision is to permanently change as many lives as possible through accessible
quality education. We are a young company looking to make a big impact and we need a driven,
people oriented Junior File Maker Developer to join us in our ambitious goal.
We are a values based company, and we are looking for someone who lives by our values of:
- Integrity and Honesty
- Care & Commitment
- Fairness & Consideration
- Service and Generosity
With these values, and the people to embody them, we believe we can take the educational sector of
South Africa by storm. So if you’re tired of boredom and tired of the same dead-end jobs then this
opportunity might just be the perfect one for you.
Our company is focused on growth like no other, we believe that in order to grow the company we
need to grow the people. So if you want to learn, to develop yourself and to be part of actually making
a difference then Skills Academy is the place where you belong.
Would you like to be part of the team?
The main purpose of the Junior File Maker Developer is to assist the File Maker Developer with user interface design and troubleshooting, scripting, maintenance, and development of varius database components and tools. Your responsobilities may include teaching non-technical staff how to use the databases and providing applicant support for users.
DUTIES (including, but not limited to):
- Creating or modifyeing scripts, layouts, tables, fields, calculations and table relations where needed.
- Maintaining organisation of scripts and files and sticking to the Naming Conventions schematic.
- Testing scripts and functions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues when they occur.
- Assisting the File Maker Developer with whatever is needed.
- Maintaining data integrity by applying all measures necessary.
- Making reports that combine data, interface, and logic to help users make informed decisions.
- Regularly communicate in writing tasks acomplished.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- Teamwork skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Solid programming skills
- Self management skills
- Personal organization skills
- Strong understanding of relational database design
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Ability to provide samples of your development work
- Preferred language is English.
- Familiarity with REST, JSON, OAuth, XML, PHP, OData is a plus
We are obsessively focused on creating the biggest distance learning group in South Africa in the next five years. Our founders have a record of successfully building and selling distance education businesses. We have deep knowledge and decades of experience in the education industry.
We are a start-up business. We can give you the experience and culture that you won’t find anywhere else.
Want To Apply?
To further explore this opportunity, you must:
Send your application to [email protected] and include Junior File Maker Developer as your reference.
Include your CV with Contactable References.
We will only be responding to the submissions we believe are a potential fit.
Closing Date: 31 August 2023
Salary Range: Will be discussed in the interview.
We are based in Bellville South, Cape Town.