As an IT manager you will be expected to advise businesses on technology and how it can help them perform better, then oversee new systems design and development.It’s a sociable job which involves working with a team to make sure the new system is completed on time and on budget. IT managers are responsible for speaking to the management team/clients to find out what they want, advising clients objectively on where IT might make a difference to the business, planning the stages of the project and how each affects the business, coordinating the project team, agreeing on costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitoring them, adjusting the plans where needed, making sure there is a smooth change over from the old system to the new one, keeping management and clients updated on progress and evaluating each project on completion.
Interested in becoming an IT Manager?
Try one of these courses
- Computer Technician Home Study Course (A+)
- Computer Security Home Study Course (S+)
- Computer Networking Home Study Course (N+)
- Skills Academy Short Course Certificate in General Management.
- Skills Academy Skills Certificate in General Management
- Skills Academy Proficiency Certificate in General Management
Last updated: October 25th 2016