Want to be able to offer indispensable bookkeeping and accounting skills, or become an accountant someday? Then the ICB National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting course is for you! It will equip you with knowledge and practical skills in bookkeeping, financial accounting, income tax, financial management, reporting standards, corporate strategy, management accounting and research.
ICB National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting Course Information:
|Course:||ICB National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting|
|Programme Type:||Partner Programme|
|Partner Institute:||ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers|
|Award Type:||National Diploma
and a Programme Completion Certificate
|Award Issued by:||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Course Duration:||36 months|
Successful completion of the ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
Be a qualified Certified Technical Financial Accountant
Why Should You Study Certified Financial Accounting?
A Certified Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for, among other functions:
- All Financial Accountant functions,
- The Accounting Officer functions,
- Preparation of annual financial statements,
- Signing off annual financial statements of close corporations,
- Working closely with the Chartered Certified Accountant and Registered Auditor,
- Thorough knowledge of corporate strategy, management accounting control systems, financial reporting and regulatory frameworks (particularly IFRS), and accounting theory and practice.
In order to complete the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting, students will have to complete all the following subjects:
The subjects from ICB National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
The subjects from the ICB FET Certificate Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
6. Financial Statements
7. Cost and Management Accounting
The subjects from this qualification, the ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
8. Income Tax Returns
9. Business Law and Accounting Control
The subjects from this qualification, the ICB National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting
10. Corporate Strategy
11. Management Accounting Control Systems
12. Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
13. Research Theory and Practice (by short dissertation; Topic: Financial Accounting)
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
Please Note: There will be a dissertation required for the subject ‘Accounting Theory and Practice’.
You will be awarded a National Diploma: with Certified Financial Accounting from FASSET. You will be awarded Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays. Below is an example of what your ICB certificate will look like.
Choose Your ICB Study Materials
You get two options of study material to choose from which includes: Standard and PRO.
The Standard Study Material pack has been developed by Skills Academy around the Textbook from the official ICB publishers.
This study pack includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- Skills Academy Study and workbook guide
- Skills Academy Solution guide
- Assessment guide
- Exam trial paper
If you need more help with your studies, try the PRO study material pack. It has more study materials to assist you. All the study materials and videos in the PRO option are directly from the Official ICB publishers.
The PRO study materials include:
- ICB Textbooks
- ICB study guide
- Skills Academy assessment guide
- USB with *videos to boost studying
- Two trial exam papers on the USB
*The videos on the USB is another way to help you with your studies. Before you write your exam, use the videos to test your knowledge. The video assumes that you have already studied the material.
When Can You Start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last Updated: 07 May 2018