The ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin) course, teaches you how to keep the wheels of an office turning. By learning about all the elements that contribute to a smooth-running office, you’ll be able to help out in just about any department.
ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin) Course Information:
|Course:||ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin)|
|Programme Type:||Partner Programme|
|Partner Institute:||ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers|
|Award Type:||National Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|Award Issued by:||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Accredited by||QCTO & ICB|
|NQF Level||Level 5|
|Course Duration:||18 months|
Don’t have Grade 12? then start by studying the following programmes:
Upon completion of one fo these programmes, the ICB will accept you onto the Office Administration Programme course.
Why Should You Study The ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin) Course?
A Junior Office Admin is primarily responsible for, among other functions:
- The Receptionist function,
- The Office Assistant function,
- The Office Administrator function,
- The Marketing Administrator function,
- The Public Relations Officer function,
- Thorough knowledge of oral and written business communication skills,
- Basic knowledge of office administration techniques,
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping to trial balance,
- Key knowledge and skills of basic marketing and public relations, business law, and administrative practice.
- Fundamental knowledge of cost and management accounting,
- Fundamental knowledge of computing.
In order to complete the ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin), students will have to complete all the following subjects:
- Introduction to Business English
- Business and Office Administration 1
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Business Literacy
- Marketing Management and Public Relations
- Business Law and Administrative Practice
- Cost and Management Accounting
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). The PoE comprised of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment(final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities(assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark.
A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
The ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin) from FASSET will be given to you. You will be awarded a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, thus your completion award will be sent to you via courier. You will receive it as soon as possible and without any delays. Below is an example of what your ICB Certificate will look like.
Choose Your ICB Study Materials
You get two options of study material to choose from which includes: Standard and PRO.
The Standard Study Material pack has been developed by Skills Academy around the Textbook from the official ICB publishers.
This study pack includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- Skills Academy Study and workbook guide
- Skills Academy Solution guide
- Assessment guide
- Exam trial paper
If you need more help with your studies, try the PRO study material pack. It has more study materials to assist you. All the study materials and videos in the PRO option are directly from the Official ICB publishers.
The PRO study materials include:
- ICB Textbooks
- ICB study guide
- Skills Academy assessment guide
- USB with *videos to boost studying
- Two trial exam papers on the USB
*The videos on the USB is another way to help you with your studies. Before you write your exam, use the videos to test your knowledge. The video assumes that you have already studied the material.
When Can You Start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last Updated: 25 April 2018