ICB National Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course

Want to be able to offer indispensable bookkeeping and accounting skills, or become an accountant someday? This is the course for you! Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course – what a great way to start your accounting career! You can find all the detailed information about this course here.

Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course Information:

College: Skills Academy
Course: National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
School: Business School
Programme Type: Partner Programme
Partner Institute: ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
Award Type: National Certificate
and a Programme Completion Certificate
Award Issued by: FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.
Accredited by QCTO
SAQA ID 58375
NQF Level: L3
Course Duration: 12 months
Entrance Criteria: Grade 10, No prior Accountancy knowledge is necessary.

 

Why Should You Study the Certified Junior Bookkeeping Course?

If you want a career in bookkeeping, but have little knowledge about the business and finance industry, this course will prepare you for it. A Junior Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:

  • The completion of the monthly bookkeeping function to trial,
  • Supplier statement reconciliation
  • Inventory systems and bank statement reconciliation,
  • Calculation of PAYE / SDL / UIF remuneration and the monthly EMP deductions and completion of the monthly EMP201 returns,
  • Completion of annual IRP 5, IRP 6 and IT 3a documents, EMP501 and VAT201 return using both manuals, the manual submission system, and E-filing.

Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course

When you study a certified junior bookkeeper course, students will have to complete all the following subjects:

  1. Introduction to Business English
  2. Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  3. Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
  4. Computerised Bookkeeping
  5. Business Literacy 

Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course

Assessment for the certified junior bookkeeper course is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise 3 formative activities, 2 formative evaluations, and one summative assessment.

PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks.

The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.

Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course

You will be awarded a National Certified Junior Bookkeeper course from FASSET. You will be awarded a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB.

Skills Academy values education and cares about our students. Your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays.Below is an example of what your ICB Certified junior Bookkeeper course will look like.

 

Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course

Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course

Skills Academy Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course

Choose Your ICB Study Materials

You get two options of study material to choose from which includes: Standard and PRO.

Standard Material

The Standard Study Material pack has been developed by Skills Academy around the Textbook from the official ICB publishers.

This study pack includes:

  • ICB Textbooks
  • Skills Academy Study and workbook guide
  • Skills Academy Solution guide
  • Assessment guide
  • Exam trial paper

PRO Material

If you need more help with your studies, try the PRO study material pack. It has more study materials to assist you. All the study materials and videos in the PRO option are directly from the Official ICB publishers.

The PRO study materials include:

  • ICB Textbooks
  • ICB study guide
  • Skills Academy assessment guide
  • USB with *videos to boost studying
  • Two trial exam papers on the USB

*The videos on the USB is another way to help you with your studies. Before you write your exam, use the videos to test your knowledge. The video assumes that you have already studied the material.

When Can You Start Your Certified Junior Bookkeeper Course?

You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.

 

ICB Registration Forms 2018 | ICB Courses | ICB Registration | ICB Contact Details

 

Last Updated: 07 May 2018

 

We Will Call You

  • We shall call you back as soon as we have a line available.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.