|Course:||Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Certified Senior Office Admin)|
|Programme Type:||Partner Programme|
|Partner Institute:||ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers|
|Award Type:||Higher Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|Award Issued by:||FASSET will issue your Higher Certificate and the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|NQF Level||Level 5|
|Course Duration:||28 months|
Certificate: Office Administration
Why should I study the Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Certified Senior Office Admin)?
A Senior Office Admin is primarily responsible for:
- The Secretarial function,
- The Human Resources Administrator function,
- The Labour Relations Administrator function,
- The General Office Manager function,
- All the skills and knowledge of the Junior Office Administrator
- Intermediate knowledge of office administration techniques,
- Thorough human resource and labour relations skills and knowledge, and
- Understanding of economics,
- Fundamental knowledge of cost and management accounting,
- Fundamental knowledge of computing.
How will this course be structured?
In order to complete the Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Office Admin), students will have to complete all the following subjects:
The modules from National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin), students must complete all of the following Subjects:
- Introduction to Business English
- Business and Office Administration 1
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Business Literacy
- Marketing Management and Public Relations
- Business Law and Administrative Practice
- Cost and Management Accounting
Plus these Modules from this qualification, Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Senior Office Admin):
8. Business and Office Administration 2
9. Human Resources Management and Labour Relations
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your masks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes. You will be awarded a Higher Certificate: Office Administration by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
How long is the course?
What certificate will I get?
You will be awarded a Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Certified Senior Office Admin) from FASSET. You will also
get a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your
completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays. Below is an example of what your ICB Certificate will look like.
When can I start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last Updated: November 29, 2017