|Course:||Diploma: Public Sector Accounting|
|Programme Type:||Partner Programme|
|Partner Institute:||ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers|
|Award Type:||Diploma and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|Award Issued by:||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Accredited by||QCTO & FASSET|
|NQF Level||Level 5|
|Course Duration:||36 months|
|Entrance Criteria:||National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting|
Why should I study a Public Sector Accounting Diploma?
Having a Public Sector Accounting Diploma will give you a real advantage when starting a career. A Public Sector Accountant is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:
- preparing financial records and statements estimate the cost of new projects
- reviewing budgets and investments
- monitoring spending and cash flows
- allocating money to projects and departments
- analysing the effectiveness of services to the public
- managing the organisation’s financial systems
- conducting internal audits
- presenting management information to boards and budget holders
How will the public sector accounting diploma course be structured?
In order to complete the Diploma Public Sector Accounting, students must complete all of the following Subjects:
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Public Accounting Administration
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Technical Public Accounting
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Corporate Strategy
- Management Accounting Control Systems
- Financial Reporting and regulatory frameworks
- Research theory and practice
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
How long is the course?
What certificate will I get?
You will be awarded a Public Sector Accounting Diploma from FASSET. You will be awarded a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays. Below is an example of what your ICB certificate will look like.
When can I start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you, or you can call 0800 39 00 27 to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last update: November 29, 2017