Interested in starting a career in business management?
If you think that you are ready for the challenges of being a business manager, then look at these fantastic, accredited ICB courses offered by Skills Academy.
Skills Academy Offers the following ICB Business Management Courses:
ICB Business Management Courses
Good business management is very important for a company’s commercial success. In this programme, you’ll learn about some of the following areas by studying business management courses: business and financial management practices,
- Office and legal practice
- Human resource management
- Computer literacy
- Global business strategy
- Research methods in commerce
What is meant by the business management?
Business management in all business areas and organisational activities are the acts of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives efficiently and effectively. Business management requires a broad understanding of business organisations and knowledge in areas such as markets, customers, finance, operations, communication, information technology and business policy and strategy. Business issues are often addressed at a European and international level. Some of the diverse skills that students will learn on this course include:
- an understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- analytical and critical thinking;
- a creative approach to problem-solving;
- persuasive written and oral communication;
- numeracy and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- self-reliance, initiative and the ability to manage time, projects and resources;
- appreciation of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes.
What are the duties of a business manager?
Managers are essential in the business environment, their duties include but are not limited to:
- overseeing the activities of workers
- hiring, training and evaluating new employees
- ensuring that a company or department is on track to meet its financial goals
- developing and implement budgets
- preparing reports for senior management
- ensuring the department complies with company policies
- ensuring workers have the resources to complete their work
- assessing the performance of the department or company against the business’s goals and plans
- hiring and discipline for employees in their department
- motivating workers through incentives and positive feedback
Need more help? Call 0800 39 00 27 now to speak one of our friendly course consultants or fill in the online form and we will get back to you.
Last Updated: March 1, 2018