Sticking to a career path can be a daunting choice. How will you know if you’re on the right track and if you aren’t what are your options? There are so many unknowns, and what if the grass isn’t greener on the other side. Here’s how to know you’re on the right career path.
Am I on the Right Career Path?
Are you studying or working already and want to know if you are on the right career path? Here are some things one generally should not be feeling in the workplace.
- You’re not learning or growing
- There is no support
- Feeling anxious to go to work
- The job doesn’t correspond with your values.
If you are feeling any of the above it is possible you are not in the right work environment or industry.
Finding the Right Career
Whether you are a recent graduate, just leaving high school or finding yourself in the job market, finding the right career path is important for well-being and success. Here are some things to consider:
Find Careers That Match Your Interests
Research jobs that match interests and hobbies. If you enjoy make-up why not go into the beauty industry? If travelling is on your mind then tourism will be perfect. Have a look at our career page for ideas.
Identify Strengths and Skills
These are the things you are good at and excel in. Skills can either be learnt through studies or experience. Some skills can be applied to almost any field, like communication skills or leadership skills.
Develop Skills and Experience
This can be done through studying further or perhaps an internship. Have a look at the pros and cons of internships.
If you find yourself unhappy in your current workplace, it is not too late to make changes. You do not have to be stuck.
The Importance of Finding the Right Job
Most of our adulthood is spent at work. The average job will have you away from home for about 8-9 hours. That’s a lot of time to spend in a place you might not even like! Here are some reasons why you should find meaningful work:
- Your mental and physical health: spending hours doing a job you do not like will have a negative impact on both mental and physical health.
- Limits success: It is unlikely that you will work hard enough to achieve your goals or gain a promotion in a workplace you dislike. Your negative attitude towards your job will curb your enthusiasm
- Interfere with work/life balance: Sometimes distress at work can affect your personal life. You don’t want to take your unhappiness back home.
- Purpose: Having a job you enjoy brings value in your life. If you feel you are doing important work it will boost your confidence.
Your career will be what you have to show for your life. It is important you choose something that will meet your needs. Think you’re too old to venture into something new? Have a look at the benefits of learning later in life. It is never too late to make a career change.
What are Your Options?
There are many ways to reroute the road to success. It may seem scary, but it is never too late to change direction. The easiest and most effective way is to learn a new skill or obtain a qualification.
Skills Academy makes things even easier. While you are on the hunt for a new job you do not have to lose the income of your current one. With us you can study while working. This way you will be making the changes necessary while still maintaining your cash flow. We have so many courses to choose from, there is something for everyone. There are a range of short courses you can do that will ensure your success quickly. Our online platforms with Together we Pass will ensure that your distance learning journey is not lonely. You will be able to engage with lecturers and students alike, and feel that sense of community. Don’t settle on a career path that you are not happy with. Make that change with us.
Find the Right Career with Skills Academy. Contact us Today!
Contact us today and one of our friendly consultants will be happy to assist. Take the next step into your future.
- Complete our online registration form
- Call us on our toll-free number at 0800 39 0027
- Message us on Whatsapp at 082 318 8892