Exams are the highlight of your ICB academic year. Because of how important this season is, for most students, it is also the most stressful time of the year. A lot of anxiety comes from not being prepared or not knowing what to expect. So to help you out, here’s how to enter the ICB exams.
How to Enter the ICB Exams
The ICB has put together a guide to ensure that you have the best possible study experience.
Wondering how to enter the ICB exams? Well there are four simple steps you need to follow:
- Enrol in an ICB course
- Choose an ICB exam date
- Complete your Portfolio of Evidence (PoE)
- Write the exam!
Step 1: Enrol in an ICB Course
Before you are able to enter the ICB exams, you have to be enrolled in one of their courses first. There are three study programmes available:
It is important to note that you cannot study through the ICB. They are not a college. This means that you have to register for these courses through an accredited training provider.
Step 2: Choose an ICB Exam Date
- Distance learning students have to register and pay for their exams through the student portal.
- Classroom-based students’ registration will be completed for them by their colleges.
- There are limited spots available for paper exams, so you should book early!
The ICB has also created an interactive online calendar so that you don’t miss any important dates, especially your exams. Be sure to check it out!
Step 3: Complete Your Portfolio of Evidence
This is a very important step! Every ICB student has to complete a digital Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). This is done via the Macci platform, where you’ll first have to create a profile. Your portfolio consists of:
- Section A: Welcome and Introduction
- Section B: Three assignments and two tests
- Section C: Exam preparation and instructions
Please note: The ICB has introduced a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) completion deadline. You will NOT be allowed to write your exam if your completed PoE has not been submitted by this due date.
Step 4: Write the Exam!
After you’ve done all your hard work with tests and assignments, it’s finally time to write the exams!
- Can’t make it, or simply not ready to write on the day you chose? – For a small fee, you can postpone it to a different date. You are allowed one postponement per subject.
- If you are sick on the day of the exam, you can postpone your exam for free. All you have to do is provide a medical certificate with your request.
You’ll receive your results about six weeks after the exams have been written.
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
How to Confirm Your Exam Entry
To confirm that your exam details are correct, you can do one of the following:
- Check your “Exam Confirmation” email. If you have not received this email, or the details are incorrect, you should seek assistance immediately.
- Log on to the ICB student portal. All your exam dates, times and venues will be under the “View My Exams” tab. You will also be able to download the exam confirmations.
Study our ICB Courses Today!
Ready to start your study journey? Well then enrol in our ICB Courses today! We are an accredited training provider and have a dedicated student support team to help you every step of the way! For more information, check out the ICB Prospectus or get in touch with our course experts. You can:
- Call us on: 0800 39 00 27 – It’s free!
- Fill out our contact form and we’ll call you back