Second chances are rare. So when one passes you by, be sure to grab it with both hands. Find out to How to Apply for Supplementary Exams and be one step closer to getting your matric.
How to Apply for Supplementary Exams
Registering for your supplementary exams is a very easy process. Make sure you follow the steps correctly to avoid any hiccups in your application.
How to Register
Take the next step in getting your matric. To apply, you can download the application form or get it from your high school. Documents you need to include in your application are:
- A certified copy of your ID
- Copy of the statement of your results
- A letter of motivation stating you meet a requirement
Got all your paperwork? Submit your documents and application form to your nearest Education District Office.
Do You Qualify?
Before you apply, make sure you qualify to write the exams. If you meet any of the requirements listed, you could stand a chance to get a seat during the exams.
You qualify for supplementary exams if you wrote your exam the previous year and:
- Failed a subject
- Need to increase your APS to get accepted into a course at a college or university
- Were medically unfit to write
- Had a death in your immediate family
- Have a valid reason for being unable to write a subject
- Had an irregularity is being investigated
Save the Date
No matter how much you want to write the exam, it won’t be much help if you missed the registration deadline. So be sure to make a note of the application cut off date. Even if you don’t need it, one of your friends may need their second chance to write.
- The application deadline for supplementary exams is 12 March 2021. You have a few days to get all your documents in order, since the release of the matric results on 23 February 2021.
Don’t Let This Second Chance go to Waste
Your supplementary exam may be your second chance to get your matric, but you always have a spot with us. Our wide range of courses will help you get the practical skills you need and boost your career. Speak to our course experts for more information. You can:
- Call us on 0800 39 00 27
- Fill in our contact form for a call back