What a year it’s been! But it’s not over yet. To accommodate matric students, it has been announced that the Higher Education Year is scheduled to end 2021. So save the date, mark your calendars and start planning ahead.
What you Need to Know
If you are a college student or you have plans of studying further, you may feel a little lost right now. The good news is that these changes won’t affect your plans. You will still be able to study, your starting date will just be a little later.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Universities and colleges in South Africa have agreed to extend the academic year to March 2021.
- This decision has been made to accommodate matric learners who will only receive their results in February. Find out how to access your results here.
- Matric learners will have enough time to send through their results to their college of choice and complete registration.
- The academic calendar for 2021 is expected to start the end of March 2021.
- To confirm about registration it is best to check with the institution of your choice about closing dates.
While there is a lot of information to take into account, the most important dates you should be focused on are the following:
- Starting Date for Schools: 27 January 2021
- Matric Release Date: 23 February 2021
- Higher Education end Date 2020: Mid March 2021
- Higher Education Starting Date 2021: End of March 2021
Study Anytime, Anywhere!
Does March feel too far away? Start studying immediately! Here, at Skills Academy, our registrations are open all year round. Your studies do not need to be put on hold.
We have an array of diverse courses available to study. Have a look at these and their entry requirements below:
Study Without Matric
Don’t let anything stop you from completing your studies. We have tons of course options for students who have not completed their matric. These qualifications are just as credible as any other study programme.
National Diploma Courses
National Diploma courses teach you both theory and practical skills. You will complete three course levels and then do 18 months of practical training. To enrol for these courses, you must have completed a Grade 12 or equivalent certificate.
ICB courses are a great option for students who are interested in a high level of education, but don’t meet the requirements for a degree programme. Your qualifications will be recognised world-wide. Become the next finance mogul with these courses.
Interested in accounting and business management? CIMA courses are where these two worlds meet. These courses are accredited and will open doors for you within the professional world. Have a look at the options available and their entry requirements.
Our distance learning courses are the perfect option for students who are excited to get started on their future, but have some hesitations about going back to school.
Not only is this a safe learning option but it is also affordable and effective.
Don’t Wait to Study. Get Started Today!
Why wait? Get started on your studies today. Speak to our course consultants for more details. Get in touch on:
- Call us for free on 0800 39 00 27
- Or fill out this contact form for a call back