Why Should you Study Grade 10 – Requirement Courses?
Studying a Grade 10 – requirement course will allow you to you gain the necessary work skills. These skills will get you employed easier.
What Will you Gain out of These Courses?
It gives you the opportunity to choose the best course for you. When you apply to a university, your first choice is not always approved. Your results determine what you can study. But with the Grade 10 – requirement courses you can choose the career that you want to pursue.
Accredited Grade 10 – Requirement Courses
If a course is accredited, it means that it meets the standards of a professional or official body. Most courses receive authorisation from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
The ICB offer “Accredited Business Qualifications”. You will gain extensive business skills. These skills are very scarce in companies. And it will get you noticed at a job interview because of your skills and professionalism. It could increase the chances of earning a higher salary.
ICB: Financial Accounting Programme
Do you dream of becoming an accountant one day? The ICB Financial Accounting course will kick-start your career dream. You will learn the basic skills about bookkeeping and drawing up financial statements. Click on the link below for the course information.
Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills? A Secretarial course could be perfect for you. Secretaries can be seen as personal assistants as well. They offer their support to fellow staff members and management.
A receptionist is a person that greets customers and clients. They are usually the person who make bookings and arrange calls to management. Have a look at what our Receptionist courses can offer.
Medical Receptionist Courses
Medical receptionists do administrative work for Doctors, nurses and other staff members. You will need to be well-organised and stay up to date with bookings.
- Short Course in Medical Receptionist Medical Receptionist Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Medical Receptionist
Personal Assistant Programme
Personal assistants see one person’s tasks and duties. They perform administrative duties only for one person.
Professional Secretary Programme
Another one of our Grade 10 Requirement Courses include the professional secretary programme. The duties of a Professional Secretary include arranging phone calls and appointments. You will also be the person between clients and management.
Are good at managing people? Management studies are all about managing your staff and making sure everything flows. There are different management departments in a business. Find the one that suit you best.
Supply Chain and Logistics Management Courses
If you have a way to let things flow naturally, maybe a course in supply chain and logistics management will interest you. Supply chain managers duties include storage and distribution, production, planning, and other ways to maximise profits.
Logistics is about transportation, flow and storage of goods, in and out of business.
- Short Course in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management Certificate Course
- Comprehensive Certificate in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Security Risk Management Courses
Can you identify risks or implications easily? Have a look at the following courses. You will put procedures in place to minimise or control any unforeseen circumstances.
- Short Course in Security Risk Management
- Security Risk Management Certificate Course
- Comprehensive Certificate in Security Risk Management
Production and Operations Management Courses
Are you a very well-organised person? You need to oversee the flow of production in the company. It also goes hand-in-hand with the goods and services customers receive from the company.
- Production and Operations Management Short Course
- Certificate in Production and Operations Management
- Production and Operations Management Comprehensive Certificate
Project Management Courses
Do you enjoy making a target? Or are you driven by goals and deadlines? Then a Project Management course would be perfect for you. Choose one of our course listed below.
- Short Course in Project Management
- Project Management Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Project Management
The beauty industry has grown a lot over the past years. There are a lot of job opportunities in this industry. You can work in a salon, on cruise ships, backstage, and on film sets.
Studying one of our makeup will enhance your makeup application skills. Learn different techniques and increase your product knowledge.
Nail Care Courses
Taking care of your nails can be a huge benefit to your health. It could prevent ingrown nails, fungus, and other sorts of infections.
Facial Skincare Courses
To perform a face treatment, you need to know different skin types. These courses will teach you everything that you need to know about the face.
- Short Course Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Facial Skincare Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Facial Skincare
Child Day Care Courses
Are you passionate about children education? Our childcare courses will teach you about child psychology and first aid, and you can also learn about opening a daycare or créche.
Our Day Care courses will teach you how to work with children and provide a safe environment for them.
- Short Course in Child Psychology
- Child Psychology Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Child Psychology
Learn the basics about starting your own crèche and managing staff. These courses will help you make sure that the children are in a safe environment.
- Short Course in Creche Management
- Creche Management Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Creche Management
Are you the person people go to, to organise an event? If this is your hobby, passion or dream, it is time to turn it into a career with one of these courses.
If you are good with planning, organised, and meeting deadlines, an Events Management course would suit you. Plan concerts, festivals, conference and so much more.
- Short Course in Events Management
- Events Management Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Events Management
Weddings are important events in a person’s life. This course could help you plan and organise a wedding smoothly.
- Short Course in Wedding Planner
- Wedding Planner Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Wedding Planner
Are you the person that always captures the moment? Photography has become essential in our everyday lives. Whether it is for a birthday party, news, wedding (the list goes on), the need for a photographer is big. Improve your skills with our Photography courses.
- Digital Photography Short Course
- Certificate in Digital Photography
- Digital Photography Comprehensive Certificate
Guest House Management
Do you enjoy hosting people? To run a guest house is the same as hosting people, but it’s for locals and tourists. Find out more about these courses.
- Short Course in Guest House Management
- Guest house Management Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Guest House Management
Travel and Tourism Courses
Are you excited to go to your next destination? Or are you the person who knows the best places to go on holiday? Study one of our travel and tourism courses and pursue a career.
Tourism has a business side as well. You will deal with business and finance principles specific to the travel and tourism industry.
- Short Course in Tourism Management
- Tourism Management Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Tourism Management
For the travel and tourism industry to survive, there needs a lot of attention spent on marketing. It includes designing advertisements and promoting so that you draw your customers.
- Short Course in Tourism Marketing
- Tourism Marketing Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Tourism Marketing
Occupational Health and Safety is all about ensuring that your employers and workers are in a safe environment.
- Coordinator Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety Representative Certificate
Decorating and Design
Are you interested in decorating homes? Or do you take an interest in designing rooms for a building? Have a look at our decorating and designing courses.
Decorating and Design Proficiency and Expert Certificates
The right furniture, painting and plants, can create the perfect balance in a room. These courses could sharpen those skills and increase your knowledge about the usage of space.
- Proficiency Certificate in Interior Decorating
- Interior Design Proficiency Certificate
- Comprehensive Certificate in Interior Decor and Design
Workplace and Administration Skills – Short Courses
Improving your skills could increase your potential earnings. Have a look at the following short courses that we have to offer.
- Becoming a Successful Supervisor
- Change Management
- Copy Editing
- Effective Presentations
- Income Tax Returns
- Managerial Leadership
- Report Writing
- Training Managers
- Time Management
- Coaching an Counseling for Managers
- Email Etiquette
- Interviewing Skills
- Managing Performance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Business Etiquette
- Conducting Meetings
- Effective Performance Appraisals
- Frontline Leadership
- Introduction to Business Law
- Organisational Skills
- Recruiting Employees
- Stress Management
Study our courses through distance learning. It gives you the opportunity to work while you study. You still gain the same knowledge as full-time studies. But you get to study from the comfort of your own home. Skills Academy is a distance learning college. By studying with us, you will reap the following benefits:
- get access to tutors for your assistance
- form part of an online study group and chat with students studying the same course as you
- get your study material included in the fees.
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
Ready to Give Distance Learning a go? Contact us Today!
Get in touch with us and start your studies by using one of the following options:
- Complete our online contact form
- Call us for free at 0800 39 0027