Are you having a hard time getting a job and starting to feel discouraged? With high unemployment rates, a struggling economy and a global pandemic taking over having no job can contribute to feelings of anxiety and depression. The good news? Finding a job does not have to be a nerve-wracking experience. Use these tips and tricks and Get a Job in no time!
How can I get a job Quickly?
We get it. You simply do not have any time to waste. The bills are stacking up and your self-esteem has hit rock bottom. You need to find work fast and these tips will help.
- Be Specific: Your time is precious. Don’t use it filling out job applications for careers you are not interested in or suitable for. Instead, focus on positions you are passionate about and apply for these jobs.
- Remember the cover letter: Potential employers spend between 5-10 minutes reading through a CV. Grab their attention with a well-thought out cover letter. Give a brief summary of your qualifications and how you would contribute to the company.
- Job specific CV: Each CV should be written for the specific job you are applying for. Highlight qualifications and experience that is suited for the position.
- Keep it simple: When you are stating work experience and history, keep it recent. Giving too much information can be overwhelming and often unnecessary. Your best bet? Keep it simple.
- Dress for the job you want: Ever heard the saying dress for the job you want and not the job you have? When going for interviews, dress the part! First impressions really do last.
- Don’t fake it: Employers don’t want to hear practiced answers and fake smiles. Be sincere. This is the only way you and the employers will know whether you will match the company’s culture.
- Follow up: A few days have passed since you submitted your CV or went for the interview and you still haven’t heard from them. Whether you get the job or not it is important to follow up. Send an email saying thank you and get some feedback on your interview. This will help with any future opportunities.
The most important thing to remember is to not give up. Don’t feel discouraged when you don’t get your dream job immediately. Most people spend years climbing up the ladder before reaching their goals.
How to get Different Types of Jobs
The work environment is changing every day. Long gone is the era of 9-5 office jobs being the only option to create a better life. Now people have the ability to choose work that suits their needs. Whether you are looking for an online job or a part-time job there are tips you can apply to ensure you bag the job.
Jobs That pay Well
Want a bigger paycheck? Of course you do! But how does one move up the corporate ladder in today’s competitive work environment? There are some straightforward tips you can apply to get a job that pays well.
Cross-train to expand your skills: The best way to strengthen your chances of getting paid more is to learn skills across the board. You can either get training at your workplace or enrol into an online course.
Develop your leadership skills: Leaderships skills will always be in demand in the workplace. Show your employers you should get the next promotion by mentoring interns or organising training sessions.
Get noticed: Get your name out there by networking or joining professional associations. Professional associations are held in high esteem and people who are members are considered elite. This will contribute to your professional credibility.
Jobs That Require no Experience
If you are a recent graduate or just left high school you may have little to no work experience. Most jobs will require you to have some work experience, but there are ways you can work around this.
- Get educated: Enrol into a short course and upgrade your skills. Short courses usually take about three months to complete so you can get into the work market fast.
- Work your way up: Apply for internships or apprenticeships. You might earn little to no money, but you will be able to get your foot in the door.
- Focus on soft skills: Soft skills are things like leadership skills, communications skills or organizational skills. Focus on your ability to multitask or motivate people and use examples.
Most importantly, be patient and willing to start at the bottom.
Part-time jobs can help build your CV, form business relationships and get money. These small adjustments will make you more attractive to potential employers.
Make sure your online presence is professional: Google yourself and see what comes up. Go through your social media profiles and make sure to delete any posts that may keep you from getting your desired job.
Consider Freelancing jobs: Freelancing and work you can do from home is perfect for someone who is studying while working. You will be able to balance your work with your studies perfectly.
Never forget to ask friends and family if they haven’t heard of any job openings. As they say, it’s not what you know, but who you know.
What if I Can’t Find a job?
Have you been applying for jobs, but haven’t received any good news? It might be time to change directions.
Get Skilled or Schooled
The easiest way to get a job? Get official training. Official training ups your credibility and showcases that you have the necessary skills to do the job. There are many options available to further your studies. With Skills Academy you can study further without disrupting your work or life. We offer courses via distance learning, which means you can study from the comfort of your own home! Our wide range of courses provide a fit for almost everyone. Don’t have matric? Don’t worry. Our provider programs have no specific entry requirements which means anyone can study – regardless of age or current qualifications.
Change Your Mindset
If you have been applying for jobs, but haven’t heard any good news it is easy to start feeling discouraged. Take a break from the job hunt and get your state of mind in the right place before continuing your search.
Consider Other Industries
It might not be exactly what you want, but it might be time to look at other jobs in various fields. You might discover you really enjoy a new career field much more than you thought you would, and you’d be surprised how many of your skills are transferable skills from one field to another. A career change can prove to be a very exciting time in your professional life.
The process to get a job can be taxing, but ultimately it improves your interview skills, CV and self-esteem. If you are feeling stuck look into our courses and study towards something you feel passionate about.
Get Skilled and Improve Your Chances of Getting Hired!
Official training improves your credibility, confidence and chances of earning more. Enrol into Skills Academy and improve your chances of landing your ultimate job. Contact us today:
- Complete our contact form
- Call us on our toll-free number at 0800 39 0027