A general information systems manager is responsible for the computer systems within a company. General information systems manager oversee installation, ensure back-up systems operate effectively, purchase hardware and software, provide the ICT technology infrastructures for an organisation and contribute to organisational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning. As a general information systems manager, you could work in any organisation in the industry and service sector. You will be in charge of a staff of technicians, programmers and database administrators.
Interested in becoming a general information systems manager?
Try one of these courses
- Computer Technician Home Study Course (A+)
- Computer Security Home Study Course (S+)
- Skills Academy Short Course Certificate in General Management.
- Skills Academy Skills Certificate in General Management
- Skills Academy Proficiency Certificate in General Management
- Skills Academy Short Course in Project Management
- Skills Academy Certificate in Project Management
- Skills Academy Advanced Certificate in Project Management
Last updated: October 25th 2016