Distance Learning Universities
You probably have come across the term distance learning quite a lot and you’re wondering what is it about? Well, this article will get into what is distance learning and what distance learning universities are there.
Which Universities Offer Distance Learning in South Africa?
Distance learning is one of the popular modes of study for higher education in South Africa (SA). With over 93% of literacy rate amongst young adults of SA, we are one of the most learned developing countries! This is thanks to the fact that we are one of the countries that have long introduced distance learning to make sure everyone gets a fighting chance at higher education.
The one popular and well known distance learning university in SA is UNISA. It is the leading distance learning institution and offers all sorts of courses, diplomas, degrees, master’s and PhD. Some of the universities that offer distance learning are:
- University of Stellenbosch offers Advanced Diplomas
- University of Pretoria
Are Distance Learning Degrees Recognised?
Surprisingly, this question is still the number one concern of people wanting to study via the distance learning route. We’re here to tell you that distance learning is as credible as other forms of learning. The only thing that makes it different from traditional learning is that you do not go to campus and all your studying is done from your home. More on that below.
What is the Difference Between Distance Learning And Traditional learning?
So, distance learning is where you don’t have to to go to campus and attend classes. All of your study material is sent over to you via courier or emails, depending on where you are studying. Studying is done from the comfort of your own home or anywhere you please.
On the other hand, traditional learning is the opposite of this. You go to classes daily from Monday to Friday. All of your classes are classroom-based and your course fees almost always don’t include costs for your study materials.
Why Choose Skills Academy?
Skills Academy is not a university but it is a recognised distance learning college. We offer a range of short courses, provider programmes and NATED courses. We have also partnered up with Matric College to offer adult matric and also be able to upgrade your matric results. For adult matric, you need to be over the age of 21. Here are other benefits that come with studying with Skills Academy:
- Money back guarantee. Should you not be happy with our services or decide you can’t continue studying, for whatever reasons, you can get your money back. You just have to let us know within 30 days of your registration.
- Online Assistance. We have an online group that is dedicated to helping our students and make them feel like they have their own community of students. This platform allows you to get help with your assignments and other questions you have about your studies.
- Study Material included in course fees. Your study material will not only be couriered to you, it is also included in your course fees, saving you a lot of money. You also don’t have to pay extra for examinations.
Study With Skills Academy and Let us Help You Go The Distance!
Contact us and let us walk you through your journey of distance learning. You can reach us by:
- Completing our online registration form
- Call us on our toll-free number at 0800 39 0027
- Message us on Whatsapp at 082 318 8892