Love making memorable moments last forever? Then becoming a photographer might be the perfect career for you. And our Photography Courses are your stepping stone towards your successful career. Take a shot and become an expert with us.
Benefits of Studying Photography Courses
Having a smartphone with a 64MP camera isnt enough to call yourself a photographer. You need to gain the skills that will help you build your career. Apart from laying the foundation of your career, there are many great benefits of studying our Photography Courses. These include:
Develop Your Skills
Already good at taking photos? Well now is the chance to develop your skills with these courses. You will get an introduction on photography, such as using a camera.
First Step to a Freelance Career
Photography is one of those careers where you can be your own boss. Our Photography Courses goes the extra mile by teaching you how to manage and keep clients happy.
Showcase Your Qualification
We see photographers all around. But many do not have the qualification to back their skills. Stand out from the crowd and prove to clients and recruiters that you’ve earned your credibility.
Range of Industries Available to you
When you have a qualification to prove your skills, you have a lot of industries to choose from. This includes weddings and events, images of products or selling your photos as stock images.
Skills You’ll Learn in our Photography Courses
Those benefits sound great right? But what skills will you learn with us? Well there are a wide variety of skills available to you. Each level offers its own set of knowledge gained. So the higher the level, the more you’ll learn.
Basics of Digital Photography
If you don’t know the first thing about photography, we are here to help. Our Photography Courses serve as an introduction to photography, such as lenses and techniques.
Improve Your Communication Skills
No need to get your lines crossed anymore. From face-to-face, to written communication, gain the skills that will make you a pro at communicating with customers and partners.
Keep Customers Happy
Photography is a service offered to clients. So customer service skills are basic skills needed in your career. Learn how to keep customers happy and come back for more.
Make it Big Time With Time Management
Make every second count with time management skills. This will help you meet deadlines, plan and stick to a schedule and stay organised.
Our Photography Courses
Shoot for the stars with our Photography Courses. We offer three courses that will teach you the practical skills you need. Make your way up the levels and get qualified with us. You can enrol in our:
- Short Course in Digital Photography
- Certificate Course in Digital Photography
- Comprehensive Certificate in Digital Photography
Our Photography Courses are skills-based programmes. This means that you can study these courses without matric. To enrol with us, you need to have the ability to read, write and understand English.
Is This the Right Course for me?
Although many of us like taking photos, it doesn’t mean we need to turn it into a photography career. Before you settle on our Photography Courses, it’s best to make sure that this is the right course to study. Register and study photography with us if you:
- Are willing to work irregular hours
- Can work with a variety of customers
- Are willing to travel to different locations with reliable transport
- Can solve problems and think outside the box
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Energetic and can stand for long periods
- Are prepared to spend a lot of money on camera equipment
- And lastly, love photography!
How to Start a Career as a Photographer
Turn your love for photography into a career. Sounds easy right? Well, there’s a little more to it than that. If you’re serious about photography, you need to do a lot of planning to know where you fit into this business. You should:
- Find your niche – Before you start snapping away, do research and find your niche. This will help you determine what type of field you want to be in.
- Study a course – Gain the skills that will turn you into a pro with our Photography Courses.
- Gain experience – Best way to put your practical skills to the test? Gain on the job experience. This proves you can turn what you’ve learned into practice.
- Create a portfolio – Once you have the skills and experience, create an outstanding portfolio. Allow your work to showcase your abilities.
- Draw up a business plan – This will help you make decisions and run your business. It includes labour relations, budgets, finances and service you will provide.
- Gear up – To take quality images, you need quality equipment. Invest in a good camera, lighting, and laptop as a start.
- Build up a network – The photography world is competitive. Use your customer service skills to build a network of customers and potential business partners.
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
Shoot for Success With our Photography Courses
If you want to start studying our Photography Courses, we’re ready to help. Contact our friendly course experts for more information. You can:
- Call us for free on 0800 39 00 27
- Or fill out this contact form and we will get back to you
Last Updated: September 15, 2020