Educare Courses – What is Educare?
Educare is a special part of education that will teach you all you need to know about caring for children before they start school.
The tools you will learn will enable you to have a huge impact on a child’s development during their early years. You will learn:
- Language skills
- First aid and
- What to do in an emergency.
There are many colleges and technikons in South Africa where you can do Educare Courses, classes, certificates, diplomas, or degrees. Another option is specialising in Special Education which will equip you with the tools to teach children who have special needs due to mental or physical disabilities.
But what are your options when you have a full-time job and financial responsibilities? Well you can choose distance learning of course! Skills Academy is one of the few distance learning institutions where you can enroll for Educare Courses.
With us you don’t have to give up your current responsibiities for your education. Choose both!
What Qualities are Needed to Study Educare?
In the field of education and childhood development, there are certain qualities and characteristics needed to do your job effectively. This list below will give you an idea of some of the qualities you will need.
- Effective communication
- Passionate about children
- Work well under pressure
- The ability to identify problems such as learning disabilities or social anxiety
What Jobs can I get With an Educare Qualification?
There are multiple career options in the Childcare industry you can explore with this qualification. You may even explore your options abroad. Here’s what you can do after you’ve completed our Educare Courses:
Care for little ones while their parents are at work. Your responsibilities include picking them up from school, helping them with homework and more. You may even explore this option and live abroad with a host family. Keen on exploring this option? Find out more here.
Give your undivided attention to one child or a smaller group of kids and become a Nanny. This requires you to be a child’s role model, super hero, personal chef, and more. Think you have what it takes to fulfill these duties? Learn more about this career here.
How Much can I Earn?
Due to the fact that there are so many different Educare jobs, the salaries are also different.
PayScale states that the average yearly salary for workers in this field are as follows:
- Day Care Teacher – R36 ooo
- Preschool Teacher – R44 000
- Child Care / Day Care Worker – R31 000
- Nanny/ Au Pair – R53 000
Note these numbers are correct at the time of writing.
What Makes Skills Academy Different From Other Institutions?
Skills Academy is a distance learning institution that offers a wide range of courses that are structured to give you the knowledge and skills that you need to start your career. Below are just a few reasons and benefits of studying with us.
Courses That Make us Different:
- Accredited Nated courses for those who wish to further their education after matric.
- Non accredited course for those who don’t have their matric but would like to gain skills.
- Matric Upgrade course if you’d like to better your matric marks.
- Adult Matric for those who could not complete their matric
Benefits of Studying With us
- You study from the comfort of your home
- All study materials are sent to you via courier service
- You stop paying when you stop studying
- Online tutoring
- Online study groups
How Long will it Take to do an Educare Course?
Each of our accredited courses have a recommended time frame of 12 months. However you can complete the courses as fast or as slow as you like. If you complete a course earlier than the recommended time, you only pay for the time you studied.
Would you Like to Study Educare?
Here’s how you can start studying with us today.
- Fill in a registration form and we will get back to you shortly.
- Call us for free: 0800 39 00 27
- Chat to us on Whatsapp: 082 318 8892
Last Updated: May 4, 2020