Computer hardware engineers are responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer hardware, including computer systems, circuit boards, computer chips, keyboards, routers, and printers. Their duties can include supervising the manufacturing, production, and installation of the parts, modifying the hardware components for computers, evaluating existing computer systems and using complex problem-solving skills to improve models. Based on careful calculations and advanced knowledge of electronics, computer hardware engineers develop new designs in the existing components, such as microchips and circuit boards, and then integrate these components in a form fitting layout. These hardware engineers are responsible for the advances in computer systems.
Interested in becoming a computer hardware engineer?
Try one of these courses
- Computer Technician Home Study Course (A+)
- Computer Networking Home Study Course (N+)
- MTA Database Fundamentals
- MTA – Software Development Fundamentals Certification
- MTA HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MTA Networking Fundamentals Certification
- MTA Security Fundamentals Certification
Last updated: October 25th 2016