Community counselors offer counseling for individuals and communities, usually after a tragic event. A community counselor can work in a number of settings, usually helping traumatized individuals or assisting with other community problems. They help individuals or groups of people cope with challenges in their lives. Community counselors need to be knowledgeable in skills such as human development, psychology, family counseling, cultural diversity, juvenile counseling, mental disorders and addictions and interventions.
Interested in becoming a community counselor?
Try one of these courses
- General Investigation (Family Violence) Certificate
- Handling Stress Short Course
- Empowerment Short Course
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Diversity
- Skills Academy Short Course Certificate in Child Psychology
- Skills Academy Certificate in Child Psychology
- Skills Academy Advanced Certificate in Child Psychology
Last updated: October 25th 2016