Skills Academy is looking for a Collections Manager to join our private distance learning college.
Our vision is to deliver the best educational products and services that we are proud of and make a positive impact. Skills Academy is guided by five values: Integrity, Loyalty, Space to grow, Generosity and Personal Responsibility. We have a culture that you will not find anywhere else. We ensure a healthy culture in which our values and behaviours are constantly lived throughout our organisation.
We are committed to creating the biggest and best distance learning colleges in South Africa with a strong customer focus desire. To date, we have built 3 well-established brands in the distance learning space.
So, why work for us? We are passionate about employee growth and development. We believe the main way to grow as a professional is by improving your skills and knowledge. We offer complementary courses to all employees as well as mentoring and training opportunities from industry experts.
Would you like to be part of the team?
Our Collections Manager is…
- Confidence – being confident is a critical skill if you want to take your Collection career to the next level with us. Confidence is infectious so be sure that your team is aware that you expect to succeed in everything you aim for.
- Competitive – collections are a very competitive environment. You and your team are always trying to hit various KPIs and Targets. Your team is constantly trying to perform better than the previous month and at the same time trying to beat their colleagues.
- Motivating & Coaching – the best collections managers are great at motivating and inspiring their team. You need to act as a sports coach and constantly be visible and available. You will get better performance by building your team up and keeping them motivated. This is a MUST HAVE skill.
- Innovative – don’t be afraid to look at the bigger picture, break it down into smaller components and figure out how to make things work more efficiently. You are not afraid to try a radical new approach with the idea that it could be a game-changer.
- You’re Not Shy – have a bubbly and positive personality. This does not necessarily mean being an extrovert, but being prepared to be bold.
- Modest – celebrate your big wins and remember it is always a team effort. Be modest and share the spotlight with your team. They will appreciate it.
- Passion & Driven – collections is a results-oriented environment. You must have discipline and drive to keep finding new ways to achieve your targets and keep things moving in the right direction.
- Calm under pressure – no matter how good you are at this job, there will be days that are going to test your patience. Or where you lose more than you win. Keep calm.
You also have to be good at understanding and motivating people, have good listening and communication skills, and deal with different personalities. Most importantly, be passionate about what you do! If you have the above traits and love a good challenge, then you might be our perfect candidate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Motivate, Train and Mentor your team.
- Generate new and fresh ideas to increase the collections rate.
- Come up with unique incentive structures and set individual and team targets.
- Identify and resolve problems that arise for your team ASAP.
- Reporting – Prepare monthly reports for the CEO.
- Weekly and monthly team meetings.
- Manage the day to day work of the collections team.
- Generate a collections communication plan on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and quality assure the work produced by your team.
- Create policies, processes and procedures for the department.
- Ensure the team is motivated and individual and team targets are met monthly.
- Employee Management.
- Automation of functions.
- Upholding the values and culture of the company.
- Works well with other departments heads, strengthening relationships which in turn contributes positively to the growth, culture and morale of the company.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Tertiary Qualification (Advantageous)
- 2 Years Management Experience
- Experience in Sales / Collections
- Experience in Customer Service (Advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal and Written
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- The drive to improve the collections rate
Want To Apply?
To further explore this opportunity, you must:
Send your application to [email protected]
The subject of your email must state: COLLECTIONS MANAGER APPLICATION
Write a cover letter that outlines the following:
- How your experience and skill set matches the position and requirements.
- Tell us about your interests and personality.
- Why should we interview you?
Include your CV with Contactable References. Applications that do not include a cover letter will automatically be disqualified.
Only submissions we believe are a potential fit will be responded to..
Our offices are based in Bellville South, Cape Town.
We look forward to your A+ submissions.