CIMA Exemptions for CMA (USA)The CMA qualification that you get in the USA has subjects that cover the same information in the CIMA syllabus. You can then apply for CIMA exemptions for CMA (USA) qualification. Having two qualifications in the finance world will benefit you a lot in your career. It will increase your knowledge, your skills, and your employability. Employers will be very impressed with the skills you have in different business roles and functions.
Who is Eligible for Exemption?CIMA will exempt CMA qualification holders based on the two qualification types listed below.
- Before 2008 – Certified Management Accountant (US)
- Certified Management Accountant (US) from 2009 completion onward
How do you Apply for CIMA Exemptions?You apply by sending all of your documents to CIMA through email or fax. But you need to be a CIMA student.
Register With CIMARegister on the CIMA website or through a training provider like Skills Academy. We are a distance learning college with CIMA accreditation. Employers are always impressed when you’ve studied through distance learning because it shows commitment. Contact us today and register on our toll-free number 0800 39 00 27. A friendly consultant will assist you with your application.
Apply for CIMA ExemptionOnce you have been registered and received a CIMA contact ID, you can go ahead and apply for the CIMA exemptions for CMA (USA). Follow these steps to guide you.
- Search for your qualification on the CIMA website.
- Send your documents as proof. You can either email your Graduation Certificate or a letter from the University that states that you have completed the course. Email the documents to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be: Your CIMA contact ID and should include CMA (USA).
- CIMA will send you a confirmation email that they’ve received your application within 72 hours. It can take up to 20 working days to get the results of your application.
- Accept or Decline exemption.
- Pay exemption fees if you accept the offer.
CIMA Exemptions FeesIf you ‘accept’ an exemption granted, you need to pay a fee. The table below provides the cost per exam that you’ve received the exemption.
|Qualification exam||British Pound||South African Rand|
|Certificate in Business Accounting (per subject)||GBP 70||R1,359,41|
|Operational level objective tests (per subject)||GBP 90||R1,747,82|
|Case study exam: Operational level||GBP 145||R2,815,93|
|Management level objective tests (per subject)||GBP 100||R1,942,02|
|Case study exam: Management level||GBP 155||R3,010,13|
|Strategic level objective tests (per subject)||GBP 145||R2,815,93|
|Case study exam: Strategic level||GBP 220||R4,272,44|