Already have your ACCA qualification, but want to register for our CIMA courses? Don’t worry, you won’t have to repeat any of the work you’ve already done in your previous course. CIMA offers exemptions for students who hold their ACCA qualifications. This way you can build on your learning and go into accounting management.
What are CIMA Exemptions?
If you have already completed a ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) course then chances are you’ve already covered some aspects that relate to CIMA. Instead of simply repeating this work, CIMA gives you the chance to apply for exemptions. Once you apply and receive exemption, there are certain exams you won’t have to take.
Our CIMA Courses
- Strategic Level Course
- Managerial Level Course
- Operational Certificate Course
- Certificate in Business Accounting
Our CIMA courses consist of two parts: the first being the Cert BA and the second is the Professional Qualification. For the Cert BA you need no previous qualifications to enrol. You can apply for this without matric. For the professional qualification you will need another relevant qualification.
Courses That are Similar:
Looking for an alternative to CIMA courses that still covers business aspects? We offer the following provider programs for Business Management that have NO entry requirements. All you need to enrol is a command of the English language.
Who is Eligible for ACCA CIMA Exemptions?
ACCA is an international accounting qualification. The difference between ACCA and CIMA is that ACCA covers auditing and CIMA does not. ACCA students who have successfully passed all of their exams can apply for CIMA exemptions. You could be exempted from eleven CIMA exams if you completed all of your ACCA exams. The eleven CIMA exams that you will be exempt for includes:
- Four certificate level exams
- Three operational level exams
- The operational level integrated case study exam
- Three management level exams
Why you Should Apply for Exemption
As a student you have a full plate of things you need to get done. Applying for CIMA exemptions provides you with a chance to eliminate some of your responsibilities.
Finish Your Course Quicker: Who doesn’t want to finish their course quicker than the expected time? The sooner you get that qualification, the sooner you can jumpstart your career.
Curb the Exam Stress: Once you get exemptions there are certain exams you won’t have to write. This gives you the chance to breathe and not get overwhelmed with exam stress.
Recognition of Prior Learning: Get recognition for all the hard work you’ve already done. You’re already skilled and CIMA values this.
Applying for CIMA Exemptions for ACCA
First have a look at the CIMA website and find out what exams you’ll be able to get exempt from. Once you have gotten idea of this, follow the following steps:
Register as CIMA Student
First, you must be registered as a CIMA student. You can do this through CIMA or through a training provider like us. Here at Skills Academy we offer a variety of benefits for our students to enjoy. Some of these are:
- Cut the costs of studying when you apply for exemptions: You’ll finish your course earlier. With us you only pay for the time you’ve studied.
- Study material couriered to you at no additional cost.
- No classrooms – ever!
- Academic support whenever you need it.
Follow the Steps
Once you have registered for our CIMA courses you need to do the following:
- Search for your qualification on the CIMA database using your CIMA Contact ID. You’ll receive this after registration.
- To verify if you are eligible for exemptions you need to send through copies of your highest level of education and transcripts through to CIMA.
- Once this is done, wait for CIMA to approve your application. This usually takes up to 20 days.
- While you wait, start preparing for your exams.
CIMA Exemption Fees
You need to pay a fee for every exemption you accept. This information is available on the CIMA website and is subject to change every year. So make sure you check this regularly. Worried that your study costs are getting too high? Have a look at our full breakdown of the CIMA Fee Structure to get an idea of what you’ll be spending.
Planning for Your CIMA Exam
Now that you are registered for CIMA and have applied for your exemptions, you need to turn your attention to your upcoming exams. Thankfully, our online platform for students allows you to engage with tutors, students and get access to exam papers. To prepare for your exams you should:
- Have a look at the CIMA Exam Timetable.
- Draw up a study timetable and stick to it!
- Set clear, realistic goals.
- Work on your study material everyday – slow and steady wins the race.
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
Think BIG – Register for our CIMA Courses
Don’t settle. Enrol into our CIMA courses and get world-class education. Contact our course consultants today. They’re ready to assist you through the quick and easy process.
- Call us for free on 0800 39 00 27
- Fill out this contact form